How long is GSP locked into the UFC contract

leglace

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Part of me feels he is trying to wait out his UFC contract to sign with Bellator and stick it to Dana who he feels turned against him after all the money he made the UFC (the right way). But I don't know if the contract has an expiration. Kind of like Wandy, he ha to be released. Anyone know how it works and if it is possible.

I assume if he fights it has to be UFC if he has unfulfilled fights on his last contract.

GSP never goes anywhere. He fights in the UFC, or he never fights again.

GSP is not a fighter that would earn more elsewhere. UFC will pay him enough if he decides to return.

GSP is not going to Bellator. He would be the biggest hypocrite ever if he did (given his stance on drug testing). GSP is not going to destroy his image for a paycheck in Bellator.

50-45 years.

GSP is never going to fight anywhere but the UFC.

is it just time or number of fights?

Lmao,GSP is not going to Bellator.

It sounds like has been disechanted with the UFC and Dana has scoffed at a comeback. GSP is very principalled, and it would no surprise me that he tries to change the MMA landscape.

I know for a fact that GSP routinely fights for other promotions all over the galaxy.
The problem is he doesn't remember any of it, just missing swatches of time.

Ppv points, no actual elite ppv draw is going to Bellator

GSP is not a fighter that would earn more elsewhere. UFC will pay him enough if he decides to return.

Yes, however, GSP is a fighter who has enough money that he can afford to fight for anyone, for any amount, if he feels like it.

I don't think he's that pissed off at Dana, but I wouldn't go to 100% sure.

I think his best way to get out of the contract would depend on the wording. If he has something written in that guarantees him the right to wear Under Armour; he could possibly get out. If he gets out.

If he gets out I think he'd try to co-promote a PPV event with Bellator vs Benson Henderson and collect Under Armour dollars from his return training footage.

I could see him fighting Anderson Silva or Robbie Lawler at UFC 200 too. I used to think he was retired; but in the last month i've become very convinced he is returning and fairly soon.

I thought with the champion clause on the contract he is technically under contract for as long as the UFC wants or until he loses. The UFC has the ability to perpetually renew the duration of the contract, GSP's only options are to: retire and never fight again or lose a bunch of fights in the UFC and then leave after whatever number of fights left on his contract have taken place.

there is zero chance of him going to Bellator,
he retired because of PEDs,
UFCs USADA deal is probably the only reason he is contemplating a comeback.
GSP vs Lawler @ UFC 200.

Back