Most UFC Fights Without a Finish?

codykay2

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
was randomly going through ww fighters on wikipedia and saw that Ryan LaFlare has six fights in the UFC (5-1) that have all went to decision.

I am sure the record is much higher but anyone know the records for the following:

1) Fighter with most fights in UFC without a finish (win or loss)

2) Fighter with most fights in UFC without finishing an opponent

3) Fighter with most wins in UFC without a finish

Would not be surprised if the answer is the same for a few of these

Hacran Dias comes to mind (5 straight decisions)

Jon Fitch had 8 straight decisions(1 loss) and a draw. With a total of 12 decisions

Jon Fitch? 12 dec. in the UFC with 9 in a row.

Sean Sherk ...8 decisions in the UFC, 15 total in MMA

Gleison Tibau had a total of 16 decisions in the UFC
and it turns out his real name is Janigleison Herculano Alves. lol

Nobody is answering TS' question..

Nam Phan, 8 fights in his UFC run. 8 decisions win/lose. Probably a contender for question 1.

Hacran Dias comes to mind (5 straight decisions)

LaFlare has six... but I can not imagine that being high enough to win

And while GSP ended as a decision maker, in his first 10 fights in UFC he went 8-2 with 4 finish victories and was finished in both losses (Hughes Bless)

That is why I think it is interesting is most fighters good enough to get a lot of fights in UFC likely began with some lower level matchups that they should have been able to finish... I imagine that most people that were able to put together that long of a streak of decisions without being talented enough for a finish eventually got finished when they got a top 5 fight

Nam Phan, 8 fights in his UFC run. 8 decisions win/lose. Probably a contender for question 1.

that sounds pretty reasonable and makes it just as likely the answer for the second one as well. For people that do not want to look it up, Phan was 2-6

Would think he is pretty likely for having the record for a fourth category of most losses in UFC history with all fights going to decision... Not too many decision fighters are going to keep getting that many fights

Rafael Natal, surely?

like JDragon is saying, a lot of people are not answering the question

Having the most decisions in UFC is mostly a product of having a long fight history at a lower weight division, while the questions I ask require a lot more because it is hard for a fighter to stick around in UFC for that long without running into someone that either they are much better than or much worse which would typically result in finish

Back