Ben Rothwell, perfect win for JDS to get back on track

ironball

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
USADA JDS hasn't been looking too good in any facets lately and has been inactive

Rothwell is a dream matchup for him stylistically

Awkward, slow unorthodox striking with poor defense and technique
Limited cardio and ground game (despite that barnett guillotine, still shocked by that)

I like Rothwell but I think he's super overrated on these boards, lots of people are upset he didn't get a titleshot but I'm not sure why. Stipe, Werdum, Cain, .etc would all smash him even if he did beat Overeem

Hoping this fight gets made as JDS would win pretty dominantly and it would be the "big win" he needs to get his career back on track. Rothwell being as highly ranked and beatable as he is, this is perfect for JDS

I love JDS, but the way Rothwell has been improving you can't count him out, he's transformed into a beast.

Rothwell KOed Overeem and Subbed Barnett.

Give him his due. The JDS that showed up against Overeem wasn't beating anyone that day

JDS is finished, anyone backing a resurgence are delusional

Give up. JDS is done.

Beating Ben would put JDS back on the right track.

I don't see JDS beating Ben though. JDS had a great run, but I think his time is done.

I'm not surprised but yet another person just blindly counting out Rothwell, he finished Ubereem, I don't think JDS even wanted to fight Ubereem, which is why he complained about his steroid usage then fights him when he's clearly deflated and still gets KO'd. JDS has had a lot of head trauma and just seems like a shell of what he was leading up to his first fight with Cain, he's older now too and clearly not as quick.

Rothwell will win this one. JDS is too far gone. 5 years ago I would say JDS by KO.

Now Rothwell is looking amazing and he will pull it off.

Rothwell will win this one. JDS is too far gone. 5 years ago I would say JDS by KO.

Now Rothwell is looking amazing and he will pull it off.

Looked amazing?

He still looks the same as he did gassing against Mark Hunt a few years back.

The Barnett fight was absolutely terrible leading up to the strange finish

I like Barnett, always improving but he's just not top 5 material

Even if post-USADA and cain JDS is considered a shell by many, he still easily UDs or KOs ben lol

USADA JDS hasn't been looking too good in any facets lately and has been inactive

Rothwell is a dream matchup for him stylistically

Awkward, slow unorthodox striking with poor defense and technique
Limited cardio and ground game (despite that barnett guillotine, still shocked by that)

I like Rothwell but I think he's super overrated on these boards, lots of people are upset he didn't get a titleshot but I'm not sure why. Stipe, Werdum, Cain, .etc would all smash him even if he did beat Overeem

Hoping this fight gets made as JDS would win pretty dominantly and it would be the "big win" he needs to get his career back on track. Rothwell being as highly ranked and beatable as he is, this is perfect for JDS
Talk about overrated these days.....JDS come on down

He's done Cain took his fighting soul

11r3tjn.png

Alistair-Overeem.png

Rothwell is not the guy you want to fight after body changes.

Some people still dont want to give Rothwell credit, he tapped out Barnett, he's legit.

And as for pointing out Rothwells flaws...well JDS has ZERO defence, no counters, no grappling. Take JDS out of his comfort zone, stop him marching forward and he'll just keep backing into the cage and letting you tee off on him.

JDS has always been one dimensional, while Big Ben has grown as a fighter.

Ben is one of those guys who never looks impressive to me, but keeps beating guys in impressive fashion. I know—it makes no sense to me either.

JDS is finished, anyone backing a resurgence are delusional
I don't think anyone is trying to back a resurgence, I think that people believe Rothwell isn't anything special.

I'd hope that JDS looks better in his next fight and I agree that the old JDS definitely had the tools to beat Rothwell and I think a modern day JDS certainly has a good chance of beating him.

Rothwell is big and can walk through punches and has sledgehammers for fists. He shocked everyone by submitting Barnett but I don't think he is that great of a grappler or technical striker. He has a ton of confidence and belief, but a slowed down JDS still has better boxing.

It's weird how Big Ben got into trouble for elevated testosterone at one point, and now with the TRT ban and more stringent testing, he's actually doing BETTER.

I wonder if JDS will continue his pre-fight ritual of stepping forward and pointing at the canvas.
Just saying, because he used to be able to deliver that result, but it will happen less and less in the future.

Well Rothwell may as well fight JDS, as he'll be sat around a long time otherwise

I just love how everyone here underestimates Big Ben.

JDS is only 1 fight removed from beating Stipe. How is he done?
Reem can beat (or get beaten) by anybody at any given time

Back