Dos Santos is a bad bad matchup for Rothwell

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
So it looks like this fight is about to happen. Respect to Rothwell for taking it.

But he got outjabbed by Barnett. I think his boxing defense is non existent and JDS will look like a god against him.

Just a matter of style vs style.

He was a bad match for Overeem too.

Would love JDS too win though, BTW. But he's declined bad.

Oh and JDS doesn't shoot for takedowns bruh

He was a bad match for Overeem too.

I admit i thought so too. Reem studied him to the teep.

JDS fought weird too. IF he fights like that against Big Ben, he'll find himself in trouble.

I thinks TS is confusing 2011 JDS with 2016 PTSD JDS.

Dos Santos by being eager to redeem himself.

Rothwell by, well, Rothwell.

I agree

I'm a fan of both fighters but even this faded JDS we see today is still quite dangerous

The fight makes no sense and it's the ufc way of eliminating Rothwell out of the title picture

Yes, Rothwell has improved but he'll decide to stand with JDS which isn't a wise move

Unless jDS has learned to stop blocking punches with his face I see Rothwell knocking him out.

Sure on paper. But bad matchups don't seem to weigh very heavily on Rothwell. Plus momentum is a significant intangible in fighting.

If JDS just stands there like he did vs Stipe he'll probably lose this. Otherwise I think he takes it.

So it looks like this fight is about to happen. Respect to Rothwell for taking it.

But he got outjabbed by Barnett. I think his boxing defense is non existent and JDS will look like a god against him.

Just a matter of style vs style.

JDS doesn't really have much of a jab at all. Rothwell has good defense he doesn't take many clean shots which is why he gets cut often.

His defense looks stupid but it works so it's not stupid.

I have JDS as a favorite but I don't think either fighter has a big advantage style wise. Honestly on paper Barnett was a more difficult match up for Rothwell IMO and we saw how that turned out.

He willingly took shots from Barnett to get close, it's not like he was flopping around ramming himself into jabs. Honestly, I'm done doubting Rothwell. Dude gets things done.

He wont be able to take a punch from ben.

I hope this fight doesn't happen in brazil you know what i mean

I think on this one we can make a reference to Rothwell vs Arlovski, who is a good heavy striker as well as JDS. We remember how AA was leading the fight instandup, but then had to survive some GnP from Ben till saved by the bell. Then AA knocked Ben out.
Well, I don't think you survive that GnP from today's Ben, ant he can sub you as well. My thoughts are that JDS wins if the fight sticks to standup game - late TKO or decision, and if it goes to the ground, Ben wins.

Back