UFC Vet CHRIS LEBEN Unretires; Goes to Bellator Instead of UFC

• Thread starter AronaBeatsJones
  • Start date
A

AronaBeatsJones

First minute:

In addition to Bellator's recent acquisitions of Benson Henderson and Sergei Kharitonov.

Going to Bellator, where the competition is easier.

Coker gonna make Leben vs Manhoef.

Retire poor Chris again.

What's amazing is that Chris Leben would've been one of the very few fighters who would've been in the topmost Reebok sponsorship payscale (based solely on quantity of fights), and he still chose to go to Bellator.

Leben has 22 fights in the UFC, IIRC.

Chris, you had a great run, and were always fun to watch. For you own good, please stay retired.

It wouldn't surprise me if California refused him a license, given Andy Foster's recent acts are commissioner.

I dont think the UFC was an option. He was released from his old contract, do you know the UFC even offered anything to him?

"Instead of UFC" insinuating that UFC made an offer when it's pretty obvious they didn't. Bellator already back to their old ways after the Bendo signing, exodus out the window, LOL.

Instead of UFC?

Until i see proof, i dont think going back the UFC was an option for Chris

You write that as if the UFC was an option.

Bellator under Born, love him or hate him, had a great identity. They had very good up and coming fighters and they offered something unique.

Bellator under Coker is the old folks home. They offer the fans nothing but nostalgia that they had nothing to do with. Their attempt at giving fans a Pride type event was a joke and should have gotten them laughed out of the sport. Now all they want to do is have old UFC fighters who wouldn't be ranked in the top 50 fight (excluding Bendo and Josh) or put on bum fights.

Legitimate good fighters that they have, the Pitbulls, Will Brooks and Strauses, should be screaming that these useless freak shows are being paid huge amounts of money, while they are making pennies.

Their Dynamite schtick might have gotten a lot of viewers, but how'd that work out for the fighters? Tito got his $300K, while guys who still produce and have been loyal to Bellator, like Newton got $35K a fight. Pitbull got 20K for his last fight and Weichel got $18K/$18K. Where'd all that money they supposedly made go?

All the crap the UFC gets for their often terrible pay pales in comparison to this $10 Billion company running the MMA fraud they put out.

giphy.gif

It's like rise of the zombie apocolypse n shit

Well now that he's not in Hawaii anymore he might be getting some actual training together for once? And hopefully not just rely on his tough guy act :( I really like leben I hope he does well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back