KJ Noons is fighting Josh Burkman!

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This is a fight I am looking forward in to watching. Both have fought the likes of Nick Diaz,Karo Parisyan and both come from a the mid 2000 era. This was an unlikely match up since Burkman seemed so much bigger while KJ seems kind of small but never the less a very dangerous striker and very fun to watch.

Fun facts about KJ, he used to be Brandon Veras sparring partner back when they were both at city boxing. Also the founder Mark Dion managed both of them, although Mark was a bit difficult to deal with, he did run a good gym until he passed away.

I'll never forget the beating KJ Noons face put on Cerrones elbow

87861d903c53fbd1317df07d6e9da712.jpg

I'll never forget the beating KJ Noons face put on Cerrones elbow

87861d903c53fbd1317df07d6e9da712.jpg

WTF!!!!

This was from the Noons fight!????

I remember they fought but I also remember it being KJs debut while Cerrone was able to put a beating on him which was sad for me to watch as a Noons fan. Its funny but I don't remember Cerrone getting busted up like this!

Both on the backside of their career, Nothing in either guys last couple of fights makes you want to stand up and yell WoooooooooooooHoooooooooo !

Yeah, should be a good fight.

It was strange seeing Burkman weigh in at 155. Noons appeared to have the bigger frame.

I think KJ's taking this by stoppage not saying he hits as hard as Cote but Josh is cutting another 14 pounds with no IV after a TKO loss

Edit: also we don't know how many times Josh has done a practice cut for his 155 debut

I like both fighters. Im torn because I think the loser gets cut.

Like someone else said, I think they've both likely passed their best, but I think Noons catches Burkman and stops him at some point in this fight - which probably means the end of the line for Burkman.

Thought Burkman was winning against Lombard and Dong. Kind of threw his technique out of the window against Cote and started brawling. Just think KJ might be on his way out

Noons is a really fun fighter, but he's just wildly inconsistent and he peaked really young. He was never better than around 2007 - 2008 when he stopped Berto, Diaz, and Edwards in consecutive fights in his EliteXC title run.

I would have loved to see him fight Gomi back then. Watching him run in the middle of the WW pack 9 years later isn't all that compelling to me, but I'll tune in to see if he has another Sam Stout level KO in him. My pick is Burkman by sub in the first or second.

Solid fight. Worth a watch.

Not looking forward to this one, its gonna be gruellingly slow I reckon.

EaIpHW5.gif

The smart play for Burkman would be to mix in TDs and clinch work against the cage esp. with his gas tank being a question mark at LW. Noons usually fight more tentatively after he's been taken down. Then again Burkman's UFC return has had a bunch of questionable fight I.Q from the gameplan against Lombard to repeatedly initiating clinches with Dong to only pursuing one TD against Cote.

Noons is the least impressive "professional" boxer I've seen in MMA, outside Rounder Rowsey.

All I remember about him, is how absolutely annoying it was that he CONSTANTLY had to adjust his hair out of his eyes. I mean literally every 10 seconds he had to move that shit off his face. How did they not cut it, or do something with it?

Noons is the least impressive "professional" boxer I've seen in MMA, outside Rounder Rowsey.

All I remember about him, is how absolutely annoying it was that he CONSTANTLY had to adjust his hair out of his eyes. I mean literally every 10 seconds he had to move that shit off his face. How did they not cut it, or do something with it?
Ronda is not a Pro boxer and if that was a joke it's not funny.
Noons was a Pro Boxer(11-2) and Pro kickboxer(12-2), and has a 1 Rounk TKO stoppage over Nick Diaz in MMA while adjusting that hair. Hardly qualifies as worse any thing in MMA, even Kimbo isn't, and KJ is higher on the scale.
da kolars ar ghay.

Back