If Mcgregor loses...

NCapone

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Im a little confuse by this..what happens with his Featherweight title?..
Will he have to vacate it coming off a loss in a different different division?..I don't even think Dana White even has a plan if he loses..

The featherweight title is not on the line.

Regardless of what happens in the lightweight division, he retains the featherweight belt.

He will defend his title agaisnt Edgar or Aldo regardless of the outcome of his lightweight fight then I think he will vacate if he defends it, I don't see the point in winning and going up right away, champs gotta defend the belt to be legit.

And I mean really Dana is going to decide how things go down. There's ufcs rankings thens there's Dana's rankings so you just never know

Whatever the result of this fight is, Conor McGregor will be the FW champ.

LW fight result doesn't affect his FW title.

Man why is it so confusing to people that this next fight is for the 155 lb belt it has not one single thing to do with one single thing at 145 not anything

Will he have to vacate it coming off a loss in a different different division?..I don't even think Dana White even has a plan if he loses..
RDA drops down in weight and takes everything from him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna be awkward to defend the FW belt after getting BRUTALIZED in LW. But pickey conner will make an ass of himself I'm sure trying to act all tough even after his March 5th ass whoopin.

#sagebless

Absolutely nothing. This fight has nothing to do with the 145lb division. The only belt that can be lost is RDA's LW strap. Regardless what the outcome of the fight it, Conor will still defend his FW belt at, most like.y, UFC 200.

The FW title is McGregor's insurance policy. He wins he's a two division champ. He loses he's still a champ.

Gonna be awkward to defend the FW belt after getting BRUTALIZED in LW. But pickey conner will make an ass of himself I'm sure trying to act all tough even after his March 5th ass whoopin.

#sagebless
BJ defended his title successfully twice after GSP violently violated him when BJ tried to be a two division champ. I think Conor cracks Frankie's chin after he loses to RDA.

#sagebless
You thought Aldo would run over McGregor to the point where you didn't think he had a chance. You thought Sage would beat Conor before the Barberena fight. You can't predict deez tings.

Conor Bless.

Same thing that happened after GSP had his way with BJ like he was his 13th century wife.

OP's Account is 10yrs old. I don't believe he didn't already know the answer.

#sagebless

To you perhaps. I see no shame in going up a weight class, having your first fight be for the belt, and losing. I see awkwardness if he say lost, ran back to fw, and rda chases him down to fw.

Too answer your question ts..if he wins hes done in fw. If he loses he still may be done. Ask anyone that has fought before bouncing back in forth wrecks your body. Stamina, strength, and speed are shocked to submission. And as champ Conor doesn't have the luxury of tune up fights back at fw. Thats why i think fw is a distant memory. If Frankie wants the fight he can go up a class, been there done that. If Aldo wants the fight there has been talk of him going up a class for a while now. If Conor wins we will see Aldo Mcgregor 2 at lw. Book it.

He is not defending his FW title, he will still have it.. If he chooses to stay at LW, he is going to have to vacate the FW title, but I have a feeling that if he lost to RDA, he will go back to FW

Man why is it so confusing to people that this next fight is for the 155 lb belt it has not one single thing to do with one single thing at 145 not anything
It should be obvious, but I can kind of see the confusion when they changed the poster and put Conor on there with his belt that isn't even on the line.

OP's Account is 10yrs old. I don't believe he didn't already know the answer.
Lol I obviously know the answer but said I'm confused because this is a very rare unique scenario. I just think it's crazy that a fighter can possibly lose a fight and still retain a title from a different division. We have never really seen anything like this. I personally don't like it.

Lol I obviously know the answer but said I'm confused because this is a very rare unique scenario. I just think it's crazy that a fighter can possibly lose a fight and still retain a title from a different division. We have never really seen anything like this. I personally don't like it.

You have never seen fighters lose fights at one weight and still retaining a title at a different weight? This is literally standard practice in prize fighting.

When Bruce buffer announces a champion as reigning, defending, undisputed, he's not just screaming buzzwords for no reason. Each one of those has specific meanings, and is used only under the right circumstances. Reinging - the champion is current. Undisputed means no interim champion or different Orgs that put the belt in dispute - see Cain vs. Werdum, notice how "undisputed" was not used when Buffer announced Cain. Defending means the champion is fighting for his belt, which is only the case when it's a championship fight at the weight the champion holds a belt (DUH): see Silva vs. Griffin, I haven't watched that fight in ages, but I guarantee Silva was announced as the MW champion, but not the defending MW champion.

You have a 2006 account. You have heard Buffer announce champions enough times. Have some respect for the sport you're following, pay at least more attention to it than a 2014 noob who follows it for the drama and popcorn like me for crying out loud.

Last edited:
Back