Let's take a minute to talk about GSP. Will he be back???

Do you believe GSP will return?

• Total voters

Thuckey

I swear to drunk.. I'm not God.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
GSP, whom many consider the greatest mixed martial artist of all time amounting an outstanding record of 25-2, with his only 2 losses being avenged in VERY dominant fashion, TENTATIVELY retired on December 13th, 2013. Well, it's now 2016 and the mma world mostly assumes that this particular GOAT has called it off for good.

Or has he?

He himself said he'd be "open" for a return and the WW division has since been dominated by Robbie Lawler, one of the least likeliest candidates that could replace the all time great GSP and I must say, things in the WW division have not quite been the same.

Is he really ever going to return? Does anybody know anything in this regard???

Yes.

I have sources in Montreal (pronounced Mor-ray-ahl) that tell me they saw St-Pierre training at Tristar, and my sources never lie.

Yes.

I have sources in Montreal (pronounced Mor-ray-ahl) that tell me they saw St-Pierre training at Tristar, and my sources never lie.

Sounds good to me.

If anybody could train and get back into the mix, it be him, the freak of nature that he is.

A little while back he said he was going to do a 6 week camp and see how he felt after that. Pretty sure that was more than 6 weeks ago, since we haven't heard anything I kind of doubt it. If he does come back and is healthy, he'll wreck the WW's again

He wants to but I think he knows it's time to walk away.

My god how many times has this been asked and talked about ? I am guessing 13 million times but that is a rough guess

Fuck how I wish we had some Uber super-saiyen beast to replace him in the WW division.

Instead we have Lawler as the champ.

No, I don't think he wants to see Hendricks standing across from him again. I also think TWood is a bad match up as well

Fuck how I wish we had some Uber super-saiyen beast to replace him in the WW division.

Instead we have Lawler as the champ.
Lawler is one of the more awesome and exciting champs we could have.

Both his last couple fights have been classics.

If he does come back he won't do it until a champ (Maybe Robbie) cleans out the division. He doesn't want to have to clean out the division again, so he'll wait until somebody else does, beat them 50-45 and retire again, the undisputed GOAT.

Lawler is one of the more awesome and exciting champs we could have.

Both his last couple fights have been classics.

Not denying that, but against GSP - he is an ant on his shoe.

No. No one wants to see a boring ass gsp 25 minute, hump session.

#sagebless

Literally everyone around him is saying he'll come back. They've teased it in interviews and social media which was clearly PR stuff. He never announced his retirement.

If anything his lack of standard UFC merchandising agreement (GSP never signed over his merchandising rights when every other fighter did) coupled with Underarmor sponsorship contract will cause delays in getting him signed to a bout. We don't know how the Rebook deal is worded and GSP is a real outlier in this equation.

Back