Cowboy Oliveira: "We'll see who the real Cowboy is."

Who wins in the battle of Cowboys?

• Total voters

Jin Akutsu

Gengar Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
usa-today-8910357.0.jpg

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/2/5/10...see-who-real-cowboy-is-ufc-fight-night-83-mma

"It's going to be a battle, fireworks. I expect five rounds of stand-up battle, a war in the middle of the Octagon," Oliveira told MMA Fighting, adding, "We'll see who's the cowboy. He got there first and I don't want to take his spot, but two cowboys will clash now."

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Al...oom-for-Only-One-Cowboy-in-That-Octagon-99831

“It´s gonna be just like in those Wild West movies. There is room for only one Cowboy in that Octagon; on Feb. 21 we will decide who is the real Cowboy of the UFC,” Oliveira said. “The audience can expect a great show. I have no doubt that one Cowboy will be shot down before the fifth round, and I´ll do my best to be [the last one standing].”

“Since I just have two weeks to do this camp, my strategy will be clear: Hit him hard to knock him out,”

“The good thing about a five-round fight is that I´m getting [ready for] a future title shot,”

“I´m so happy to be able to do my first main event, mainly against a great fighter like Cerrone. I´m so anxious that I´m hoping that the days pass quickly, and we can step in the Octagon as soon as possible,” he said.

Last edited:
Loser should change his nickname.

I love both of these guys, this is great!

Lol, Cerrone is going to demolish him, that's what he does to most fighters, until it's an important fight and then he screws up

Cowboy via Broken Back

Cerrone's going to lay a beating on Oliveira.

"I wish I could quit you. "- Kenny Florini.

Why is it important who the real ''cowboy'' is anyway?

This is MMA...

Loser relinquishes rights to the Cowboy persona in MMA, including their hat.

They should do some rodeo competition shit in the countdown show. Maybe not bull riding, although we know cerrone is down. But maybe some calf roping and six shooters, u know, cowboy shit.

The Brazilian guy probably got his nickname for his family's main source of income being having a cow that they keep in their living room. Whereas Cerrone grey up in the leafy suburbs and saw a John Wayne movie so adopted the gimmick and bought a few cows. The Brazilian is more authentic IMO.

I didn't know Brokeback Mountain had a sequel.

The Brazilian guy probably got his nickname for his family's main source of income being having a cow that they keep in their living room. Whereas Cerrone grey up in the leafy suburbs and saw a John Wayne movie so adopted the gimmick and bought a few cows. The Brazilian is more authentic IMO.
Cerrone actually inherited a ranch and decided to become a rancher by choice
Choosing to do it > having no choice but to do it wins in my opinion

Pretty clear who the real Cowboy is.

Cerrone.jpg
Lol Cerrone isn't a real cowboy either. He just wanted to be one so he bought a ranch.

On topic I love this fight, much more than Cerrone vs Means.

Hard for me to root against either of these guys. Both fan friendly and great fighters.

Cerrone will likely win due to experience and being a little more well rounded overall.

Back