Loving the Reebok Deal

LilNubi

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm looking at the deal in a different way lately. Before I would tell you how much I hated it and that it's terrible for the fighters (which is still is). The reason I'm loving it now is that fighters are willing to leave the UFC now. The tide is slowly changing to the other promotions. Bellator/WSOF/One FC/Etc are going to snag several of these UFC stand outs. Don't get me wrong, Bendo isn't the best fighter at 155 and Davis isn't the best at 205. The change is in place though where the other promotions can become more competitive.

Thoughts?

Let's wait and see who else besides Bendo jumps ship to Bellator.

Well, I'm not loving the shit it's put the fighters thru (embarassing pay, stupid uniforms where every fighter wears the same thing), but yeah, if it causes a mass exodus to other orgs that play on free TV, then it will be great for both the fighters and the fans in the end.

Reebok is to the UFC what the Yakusa was to Pride.

Splitting the talent between two orgs is shitty. We never get the good match up that way. It's much better to have them all under one promotion

I'm looking at the deal in a different way lately. Before I would tell you how much I hated it and that it's terrible for the fighters (which is still is). The reason I'm loving it now is that fighters are willing to leave the UFC now. The tide is slowly changing to the other promotions. Bellator/WSOF/One FC/Etc are going to snag several of these UFC stand outs. Don't get me wrong, Bendo isn't the best fighter at 155 and Davis isn't the best at 205. The change is in place though where the other promotions can become more competitive.

Thoughts?

The only reason other promotions may be enabled to compete for better fighters is because the deal itself is so bad for the fighters. It's not that Bellator is suddenly offering more, it's that the UFC is de facto offering less than they used to. So from the fighter's perspective it seems like a clear negative.

From a UFC's hater perspective it's downright schadenfreudtastic though.

Splitting the talent between two orgs is shitty. We never get the good match up that way. It's much better to have them all under one promotion

Competition is better for the fighters but worse for the fans.

Competition is better for the fighters but worse for the fans.

It's really only a lot better for a few guys. Bellator isn't going to be paying someone like Bam bam or struve any better than the ufc. They only want the guys who are a big name already

Having Zuffa possess a monoply is worse than the talent being split up, even as it was when Pride was still around.

Having more than one major show also provides variety in the production.

Incoming "Exodus" posts, LOL, GTFO. Bellator still sucks for the most part.

As top fighters contracts expire, I believe many of them will make the jump to Bellator. Barnett and Alvarez made $2,500.00 in endorsements in the recent fights through the reebok deal. Crazy! Compound that with the way the UFC tossed Stich Duran and Burt Watson. It's just a matter of time before a "Jon Jones level" fighter makes the jump and legitimize a competing org.

if this continues i wanna see /we will need some co promo bouts or the talent outside the ufc will be spread too thin if fighters are spread between bellator, one fc, rizin, and wsof...otherwise mma will turn into boxing, too many orgs /titles etc..there certainly wont be enough lhw/hw to go around so i hope these other orgs will co promote so we can see matchups like askren vs bendo ..fedor vs someone decent, gaethje vs aoki, etc...askren is perfect example he hasnt had a legit opponent in yrs cause who is in that weight class that signed with one fc? if they did co promos asken could have fought shields fitch palahares by now

Back