Why would Mike Jackson NOT fight CM if he beats Mickey Gall???

Chitaouri

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That doesnt make any sense at all and leaves me confused..I thnk he would than be the very best option there is, and in fact it woud be BETTER then Gall tbh because he has a media persona alreaday..

who can explain me UFC's way weird way of thought here pls??

He's an older fighter who hasn't fought since 2012. Also if he wins by KO they wouldn't want him to fight Punk

I think he will, if he wins.

What will they do otherwise? Delay the fight by another 4months while they find a guy in a local show, give him a UFC fight, then he fights Punk (or not, if he loses)?

Punk is gonna be on 200, I guarantee it. Winner of this gives him 5months to prepare and he needs every day of that. UFC won't delay the announcement any longer, they want him to fight.

Whoever wins this fight is still the worst fighter in the UFC next to CM Punk so I don't see how they can go any other direction

Because Mickey has the personality to sell the fight, Jackson doesnt

That doesnt make any sense at all and leaves me confused..I thnk he would than be the very best option there is, and in fact it woud be BETTER then Gall tbh because he has a media persona alreaday..

who can explain me UFC's way weird way of thought here pls??

UFC has no model, they just go on the fly with everything they do, there no longer is structure or reliable rankings.

Remember when UFC purchased Pride and the Pride fighters were coming over, many members would mention that the UFC should "build" up fighters before matching up with top ranked opponents, this would help casual fans get to know these fighters coming over.

Well ...Dana White at one point said "There are no easy fights!"

That's funny to look back on now, because Dana and the UFC signed a WWE Wrestler who's suffered over 10 concussions in his entertainment career and who has absolutely no experience in MMA other then doing a little work with the Double R Gracie Bro's and a little work in Milwaukee ...other then that he doesn't even have an amateur fight.

How does the UFC treat him? They send Dana White out with a Ninja turtle and a toothless bum in search for somebody just as inexperienced as CM Punk to step in the cage and take a dive against their new Cash Cow....the UFC knows they have to protect Brooks because the UFC wants those WWE fan boys to come on over to the UFC side.

lol...idk, it's just a big shit show if you ask me.

Hopefully more fighters jump ship to Bellator, competition will force the UFC to change their ways and listen to the fans.

It's the Dana mindset. At first when Gall called out Punk he was all like "no way can you believe this guys nerves??? And next segment with his trademark smug said "I'm interested".

I think he will, if he wins.

What will they do otherwise? Delay the fight by another 4months while they find a guy in a local show, give him a UFC fight, then he fights Punk (or not, if he loses)?

Punk is gonna be on 200, I guarantee it. Winner of this gives him 5months to prepare and he needs every day of that. UFC won't delay the announcement any longer, they want him to fight.
Dana has said he will be on the June PPV card a couple of weeks before Weidman-Rockhold II was announced.

The fact that they aren't having him face Chris Brown to complete this freakshow is a travesty
cmpunktweet.jpg

If he won't fight Punk, then UFC needs to tell Michael Jackson

giphy.gif

Last edited:
UFC has no model, they just go on the fly with everything they do, there no longer is structure or reliable rankings.

Remember when UFC purchased Pride and the Pride fighters were coming over, many members would mention that the UFC should "build" up fighters before matching up with top ranked opponents, this would help casual fans get to know these fighters coming over.

Well ...Dana White at one point said "There are no easy fights!"

That's funny to look back on now, because Dana and the UFC signed a WWE Wrestler who's suffered over 10 concussions in his entertainment career and who has absolutely no experience in MMA other then doing a little work with the Double R Gracie Bro's and a little work in Milwaukee ...other then that he doesn't even have an amateur fight.

How does the UFC treat him? They send Dana White out with a Ninja turtle and a toothless bum in search for somebody just as inexperienced as CM Punk to step in the cage and take a dive against their new Cash Cow....the UFC knows they have to protect Brooks because the UFC wants those WWE fan boys to come on over to the UFC side.

lol...idk, it's just a big shit show if you ask me.

Hopefully more fighters jump ship to Bellator, competition will force the UFC to change their ways and listen to the fans.

I agree with the post but can't see why you'd want more fighters joining a promotion that recently had Ken Shamrock come out of retirement to fight Kimbo Slice and will soon be having Ken fight a 60yr old Royce Gracie while giving far more coverage/promotion to these type of fights than genuine MMA fights and fucking champions.

If he won't fight Punk, then UFC needs to tell Michael Jackson

giphy.gif

BS - as he clearly told Paul McCartney on "The Girl Is Mine" - he's a lover, not a fighter. From his own mouth.

Not to mention he's practiced at his zombie skills from the thriller video so digging him up to fight would really be asking for trouble.

Cm on the shelf isn't costing the ufc any money but people are still keeping him in the lime light, which in turns gives the ufc more exposure, if punk runs out there and gets the shit kicked out of him then the talk is over a week later why would they not wait until they are absolutely certain he will atleast be competitive and he will fight someone no one has ever heard of, also they have been saving him for ufc 200 all along, they expect the name value to reach WWE fans with MMA fans alike and sell numbers. His one fight ufc career will honestly line the ufc pockets, there's a lot more WWE fans than there is MMA, and cm was popular so more likely than not that will turn into ppv buys going up, you know the ufc anything for a buck

On Topic:

The guy that said Mickey, CM, and himself don't belong in the UFC? Fuck it, if true, CM should fight them both, and maybe Andy Wang brought in with a 3 or 2 fight contract.

I'm more concerned about why he wouldn't go by Michael.

You'd figure after coming back from the dead with a thriller of a homecoming like he had, and after cutting some height, bulking up and bringing back the explosive to his athletic, he'd already be reborn enough, but no, he just can't get enough.

Because Mickey has the personality to sell the fight, Jackson doesnt

Hogwash! Who doesn't like a grown man that climbs trees all day at Neverland ranch?

Last edited:
Back