Whatever happened to Tomas Rios?

BisexualMMA

Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!
@Titanium
Reaction score
I used to get a "fistic" article on Sherdog like twice a week, which amounted to around 24 fistics a month.

I haven't even heard the guy's name in a couple years.

Is he still fisting?

Like an over dressed young teenager trying to impress high school girls, Tomas Rios' convoluted analogies and flowery prose were both awkward to encounter and a visual nuisance, so I for one appreciate his absence.

Seriously, the guy was annoying.

Last edited:
King of Fists? You sound like you should be a Rios fan.

He is hanging out with Jake Rossen.

Tomas Rios was one of the most talented writers to ever pen for Sherdog.com. He went on to be an editor for Vice and a contributor to CNN. Google him: his resume is quite impressive.

Tomas Rios was one of the most talented writers to ever pen for Sherdog.com. He went on to be an editor for Vice and a contributor to CNN. Google him: his resume is quite impressive.
Who's better Thomas Rios or Jordan Breen.

I preferred Rios articles but Breen on the radio.

He could win a Pulitzer and, for the rest of his life, write John Steinbeck under the table...and I would still remember him as Captain Fistic.

I found him to be the clearest - maybe the only - example of "purple prose" in MMA journalism. But I'm glad he's gone on to do well for himself. I had nothing against him personally.

Who's better Thomas Rios or Jordan Breen.

I preferred Rios articles but Breen on the radio.

Apples and oranges. Breen is an analyst that has the ability to write extremely well done and sassy op/eds with top-shelf insight. Rios is a gifted creative writer who possesses literary mechanics that are rarely seen in the MMA landscape.

Rios is a gifted creative writer who possesses literary mechanics that are rarely seen in the MMA landscape.

Now that is a good sentence with strong vocabulary that doesn't use extraneous and redundant words to make the point.

(i.e. not purple)

I could tell you but I would first have to google that name to find out wtf he is.

thomas "cocksucker" rios? Who cares, just be thankful we don't accidently read his disrespectful drivel any more.

Well I liked him too. His fluff seemed to have some substance to it. Didn't realize so many people disliked him.

Back