Roy Nelson questions Fabricio Werdum, Cain Velasquez's decision to withdraw from title fight

Someone who can't even keep his word to drop weight if he gets his likes on FB has no business questioning others champs decisions...

Nelson needs to withdraw from a few meals. By a few, I mean stop eating all together.

Better than fighting injured if the injury is to much

Big Country needs to worry about Rosholt.

He loses this, might be cut time.

Great interview, thanks for sharing. I love Roy and I am a huge Werdum fan. I don't think Roy was really questioning Werdum's decision to pull out of the fight. He even admitted it was probably in his best interest. The whole thing of people getting on Werdum is stupid. Cain pulled out of the fight (which he always does), I bet Werdum was set to go against Cain even with the injury. Why should the champ have to take a fight on a few weeks notice? Werdum has everything to lose and Stipe has everything to gain. The UFC should have never given Cain a rematch based on him getting destroyed by Werdum and his history of injury. People have to realize that Werdum is 38 years old and has a short window. If Conor can pick his fights, Werdum can too.

Could you honestly blame him?
I know I can't. Neither could anyone. You know that Stipe has Werdum's numbers since Werdum needed additional time for preparation against Stipe. Stipe was ready to go and all Werdum could say was that Stipe is only good at being a firefighter. Cannot wait for Stipe to starch Werdum and bring home his title.

15_medium.gif

Why should the champ have to take a fight on a few weeks notice? Werdum has everything to lose and Stipe has everything to gain.

Last time I checked, two fighters asked to fight one another on short notice are at an exactly equal disadvantage in terms of the amount of time they will have to prepare for their opponent.

And a champion is always at a greater "disadvantage" when he defends his belt, by definition. A challenger who loses is still not the champion; a never was. While the belt holder who loses is the champion no more; a used to be.

Werdum has proven to be your classic, Brazilian belt-milker. Stay as inactive as possible while promoting yourself and your brand as "the champ".

Is that the guy that never fights because he isn't smart enough to switch up his training and gets injured?
Yeah, that's the guy, but you got it all wrong. It's not that he isn't smart enough to switch up his training, it's that he's not pussy enough to switch up his training. Real fighters like Can Velasquez don't actually need to fight to prove their worth.

Yeah, that's the guy, but you got it all wrong. It's not that he isn't smart enough to switch up his training, it's that he's not pussy enough to switch up his training. Real fighters like Can Velasquez don't actually need to fight to prove their worth.
OMG, didn't now why I didn't think of this before, what a true Mexican hero this guy is.

Nelson of course doesn't have nearly the pull for the UFC Cain or Werdum do, he's kept around as an entertainer and if he starts missing fights he likely gets dropped.

Last time I checked, two fighters asked to fight one another on short notice are at an exactly equal disadvantage in terms of the amount of time they will have to prepare for their opponent.

And a champion is always at a greater "disadvantage" when he defends his belt, by definition. A challenger who loses is still not the champion; a never was. While the belt holder who loses is the champion no more; a used to be.

Werdum has proven to be your classic, Brazilian belt-milker. Stay as inactive as possible while promoting yourself and your brand as "the champ".

Stupid post by a dork that has never competed obviously. Every contenders M.F'ing job is the win the G.D. M.Fing title ignoramus. The Champion OWNS the Freakin' title. The Champion (maybe other than Spyder-clone) never has themselves in the sights. EVERY ranked contender has the Champion in their sights.

No freakin' Champion starts to prepare for the #1 all the way through the #10 contenders, "just in case of emergency". They "prepare" for the person that is the title contender that they contract to fight. They DO NOT contract to fight a generic rank that is interchangeable.

Please tell me that you are at bare minimum capable of the mental capacity to understand this simple fact!

As far as the #1 all the way through the #10 contenders. It is their FREAKIN' job to begin preparing to fight Werdum as soon as he beat Hunt, and without question when he unified the title.

One more shot just to test your integrity. How many times have you heard contenders use the: "I can't look ahead of my next opponent" in relation to this EXACT statement.

Maybe Roy it`s a neurosurgeon as of late and he knows better that Cain could`ve fought.....

Back