I think Jon Jones is legacy hunting

sherbrosrule

Booty meat is really neat.
Banned
Reaction score
With his insistence on gaining copious amounts of muscle mass, I believe he is preparing himself to move up to HW and win that title, to cement his legacy. He should beat DC again, DC is on the bad side of 30, and I feel Jon is already in his head. Plus Jon will be strong for their next contest, and to me, I have not really seen DC evolve anything to his game since their first fight. Now granted, nothing is guaranteed, but I believe Jon will win. Once that happens I feel he will move up to HW, to try to become the spots GOAT. And I would be hard pressed to deny him that if he succeeds.

I know everyone hates him, and I agree, his personality and morals are shit. Hes not a dude you could like, unless you share the same moral code. I think it would be exciting if he moved up to HW, because I feel some of those guys would give Jon everything he could handle. But, to think he would get destroyed, when he destroyed a very good former HW champion in DC, is just silly. I look forward to seeing if I am correct, and to see Jons run on history.

I dont hate him. Hes the most dominant fighter in history. Whats the fucking problem? Envy? I dont get it.

If he beats Dc (I think he finishes Dc this time) he and Rumble should fight at Heavyweight. I don't care if they are fighting for the Lhw belt or not. I would rather neither guy has to cut weight. See them both at their absolute best. If that means getting down to your fighting weight and staying there, fine by me. If Rumble and Jones fight best at 223 lbs-230 lbs, why do I need to see them cut that weight just for them to put it back on in a hurry. I would rather both of these guys be at hw anyway.

If he beats Dc (I think he finishes Dc this time) he and Rumble should fight at Heavyweight. I don't care if they are fighting for the Lhw belt or not. I would rather neither guy has to cut weight. See them both at their absolute best. If that means getting down to your fighting weight and staying there, fine by me. If Rumble and Jones fight best at 223 lbs-230 lbs, why do I need to see them cut that weight just for them to put it back on in a hurry. I would rather both of these guys be at hw anyway.

Jon is a better version of DC, he would beat AJ real easy. And lets not hope for the one punch KO, because Jon has one of the best beards in mma. I dont want to see that fight. Id rather see him against more technical HWs, like Stipe, JDS, and even AA, than AJ. Or massively strong HWs, like Rothwell or Overreem. I think of him as a better version of DC, and DC beat Barnett, Mir, and big Country at HW, and TRT Antonio Silva, no small feat. So I feel he will be fine.

I dont hate him. Hes the most dominant fighter in history. Whats the fucking problem? Envy? I dont get it.

This. I watch the fights, whether the fighters are convent material or prison material makes no difference to my opinion on them as fighter's.

With his insistence on gaining copious amounts of muscle mass, I believe he is preparing himself to move up to HW and win that title, to cement his legacy. He should beat DC again, DC is on the bad side of 30, and I feel Jon is already in his head. Plus Jon will be strong for their next contest, and to me, I have not really seen DC evolve anything to his game since their first fight. Now granted, nothing is guaranteed, but I believe Jon will win. Once that happens I feel he will move up to HW, to try to become the spots GOAT. And I would be hard pressed to deny him that if he succeeds.

I know everyone hates him, and I agree, his personality and morals are shit. Hes not a dude you could like, unless you share the same moral code. I think it would be exciting if he moved up to HW, because I feel some of those guys would give Jon everything he could handle. But, to think he would get destroyed, when he destroyed a very good former HW champion in DC, is just silly. I look forward to seeing if I am correct, and to see Jons run on history.
He just last week stated he has 3 more fights at light heavyweight, Daniel Cormier, Anthony Johnson, and Alex Gustafsson and then he will move up to heavyweight , where i think he will dominate heavyweight as well

NND2OIO.gif

Tremendous post, my thoughts exactly. Dude did some coke and got in a wreck, 90% of people on this forum have probably done worse.

EAT SHIT AND LIVE SHERtards

Pepper your angus for when he moves up to HW. It's going to be interesting.

Jon is a better version of DC, he would beat AJ real easy. And lets not hope for the one punch KO, because Jon has one of the best beards in mma. I dont want to see that fight. Id rather see him against more technical HWs, like Stipe, JDS, and even AA, than AJ. Or massively strong HWs, like Rothwell or Overreem. I think of him as a better version of DC, and DC beat Barnett, Mir, and big Country at HW, and TRT Antonio Silva, no small feat. So I feel he will be fine.
Yeah but the Rumble fight has to happen, unless Jon gets offered a Hw title fight. Thats really the only challenge left for Jon at lhw. I don't like getting too far ahead. This is all based off of my belief that Jon will defeat Dc. I believe if Jon is back to form, dc gets finished.

Tremendous post, my thoughts exactly. Dude did some coke and got in a wreck, 90% of people on this forum have probably done worse.

EAT SHIT AND LIVE SHERtards

I think about the heights this guy ascened at the age he did and challenge any sherdogger to deal with that type of vertigo.

You cant please these people. Its insane

There are plenty of reasons to dislike him other than envy.

Bill Cosby may have been the most dominant comedian in history.

Who watches UFC for personalities. ? This isn't wwe .Shitheads .Jon is the best fighter in mma right now .Undefeated.He destroyed all the legends .He is going to destroy the heavy weight division too then he will become goat .

aside from the fantastic fighting (less of course the blatant constant eye pokes that make people dislike him and classify him as a cheater) his personality is tough to handle. the arrogance coupled with the double standard (i snitch on people for pot, but i do coke and smoke pot myself) makes him very hard to like, unless one has a similar personality and simply wants validation.
it's really not hard to get.

Of course he is. He's either going to try to hold two belts (like McG) or he's going to fully transition to HW.

[QUOTE="the can, post: 113273839, member: 443041" (i snitch on people for pot, but i do coke and smoke pot myself).[/QUOTE]
Is that confirmed ? Ive heard people allude to that in the past but i wasnt sure it was accurate

his personality and morals are shit. Hes not a dude you could like, unless you share the same moral code.

Not so subtly bashing people who like Jones

I wish there was a 'dislike' button so that I can 'dislike' this post.

Are you kidding me? Even the Heath Herring that fought Cheick Kongo would have beat Jones. I believe he will overwhelm Jones with his size and strength. He will drown him with his grappling using his size and strength in the later rounds.

I wish there was a 'dislike' button so that I can 'dislike' this post.

Are you kidding me? Even the Heath Herring that fought Cheick Kongo would have beat Jones. I believe he will overwhelm Jones with his size and strength. He will drown him with his grappling using his size and strength in the later rounds.

Back