Benson Henderson: My phone keeps ringing, UFC fighters asking about move to Bellator

Weidman

Still my booooy!
@red
Reaction score
“I can’t even say how many texts and calls from other fighters asking me, ‘What did the UFC bring to the table? What did Bellator bring to the table? How did they treat you? Was Lorenzo mad? Did Dana get all mad? “A ton of fighters hit me up and asked me that and asked for advice.”

I feel bunch of UFC fighters will move over to Bellator this year.

source

REEEEEEEEBOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

maxresdefault.jpg

Fuck Yeah!

Bigger than soccer!

“I can’t even say how many texts and calls from other fighters asking me, ‘What did the UFC bring to the table? What did Bellator bring to the table? How did they treat you? Was Lorenzo mad? Did Dana get all mad? “A ton of fighters hit me up and asked me that and asked for advice.”

source

Benson will be on InsideMMA on AXS TV tonight. Could be entertaining, its the show with that jagoff Kenny Rice who cut Askrens interview short and went on a rant about Ben being crazy and how EVERYBODY wants to be in the UFC.

He's content with being a big fish in a small pond. Six figures, new opportunities for sponsors, etc, would look enticing to anyone.

But is the potential of fighting only once a year, if that, worth it?

I wonder how many fights does cerrone have left in his contract?

He clearly hates this reebok deal, just lost a TS, and loves to pay his bills...

Good, the UFC is too big to give all of these fighters the attention, money and promotion they deserve anyways

Competition breeds excellence.

UFC pay table is strange and the reebok deal is shit. More guys start leaving, Dana will have to fix these issues.

source

It's like I keep saying UFC will keep some fighters and let others go. People keep saying "I think a bunch of fighters are leaving UFC" that may be true in a way but which fighters? The UFC will make sure they keep who they want to keep and let go of who they want to go. Just like they kept Melendez cause they wanted him and Chad Mendes. Rumors are they offered Reem a great contract and he'll most likely be coming back as well will see what happens there. People were freaking out like this when Dan Henderson went to strike force and Tim Sylvia and Arvlovski went to affliction.

Dana and Lorenzo are going to be handing out free iphones out now to all fighters, to flush out the rats

Competition breeds excellence.

UFC pay table is strange and the reebok deal is shit. More guys start leaving, Dana will have to fix these issues.

He's already fixing them he's offering the guys more money it's turning out to be great for the fighters. The UFC is being forced to offer more money to the guys they want to keep and there letting the rest go to Bellator.

source

I hope so.

Nothing against the UFC. Just Reebok can go suck themselves.

We need happy, well fed fighters. Fuck you Reebok for taking money from these fighters that sacrifice their bodies for our sport.

It's like I keep saying UFC will keep some fighters and let others go. People keep saying "I think a bunch of fighters are leaving UFC" that may be true in a way but which fighters? The UFC will make sure they keep who they want to keep and let go of who they want to go. Just like they kept Melendez cause they wanted him and Chad Mendes. Rumors are they offered Reem a great contract and he'll most likely be coming back as well will see what happens there. People were freaking out like this when Dan Henderson went to strike force and Tim Sylvia and Arvlovski went to affliction.
It is intreresting though. It depends on the fighter. Edson Barboza is my coach and says nothing but good things about the UFC. He said his past contract, they upped his pay significantly and that doesn't include bonuses which he has made a lot of. He says UFC are great people.

He's content with being a big fish in a small pond. Six figures, new opportunities for sponsors, etc, would look enticing to anyone.

But is the potential of fighting only once a year, if that, worth it?

He could have it in his contract that he gets 3 fights a year? We just don't know.

Back