Rumored Fights for UFC 197, 198, and 199

ufcfan1986

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Anyone have a more complete list of rumored fights realistically expected to happen? So far I've heard...

UFC 197
Cormier/Jones 2

UFC 198
Werdum/Stipe
Souza/Belfort
Maia/Brown

UFC 199
Punk/Gall (if Gall beats Jackson)

that is gonna be some fun shit if it truly goes down like that.

Rockhold vs Weidman Ufc 199
Marquardt vs Santos Ufc 198

I feel like Cormier v Jones II is UFC 200 headline worthy. I understand why they wouldn't want to wait that long though.

UFC 198 is one event I'm really looking forward to. Hopefully it's stacked with good match ups

Who needs UFC 200 when you got a killer main event like 199.

If CM punk's oppoenent gets injured 2 weeks before the card,put him in there with Rumble.

If CM punk's oppoenent gets injured 2 weeks before the card,put him in there with Rumble.
Unfair fight, Punk is a life long wrestler so would have problem grinding Rumble out and then submitting him.

So who do they put on the UFC 200 card? That leaves MM and Dom as the only available champions. I doubt that Conor will be fighting Frankie even if he somehow does beat RDA.

Put it this way, they must have almost the whole card of UFC 197 in mind/booked and once they announce a venue (which hopefully will be soon) we'll see a wave of fights announced on the same day. DC/Jones II is obviously gonna headline.

So who do they put on the UFC 200 card? That leaves MM and Dom as the only available champions. I doubt that Conor will be fighting Frankie even if he somehow does beat RDA.

There's rumors of lawler vs gsp

3410364603_19ecef7d8f.jpg

With Rousey out barring a very serious injury Conor is on 200. Even if RDA obliterates him. If Conor somehow wins it will be the unstoppable train that the UFC hype machine is behind. If Conor gets beaten (which I think he will) this will be promoted as a comeback fight.

Other than that if GSP returns and UFC is holding off on any rumors until closer to the card then you have what could conceivably be UFC's biggest show ever.

With Rousey out barring a very serious injury Conor is on 200. Even if RDA obliterates him. If Conor somehow wins it will be the unstoppable train that the UFC hype machine is behind. If Conor gets beaten (which I think he will) this will be promoted as a comeback fight.

Other than that if GSP returns and UFC is holding off on any rumors until closer to the card then you have what could conceivably be UFC's biggest show ever.
Lawler vs gsp
Conor vs Edgar
Sounds like a good main and co main event

Put it this way, they must have almost the whole card of UFC 197 in mind/booked and once they announce a venue (which hopefully will be soon) we'll see a wave of fights announced on the same day. DC/Jones II is obviously gonna headline.
Who do you suppose Co headline 197? I was thinking Maybe Mighty Mouse vs Cejudo, Gustaffson vs Glover or Pettis vs Diaz

BJ Penn vs. Dennis Siver - 196 (according to BJ)

Unfair fight, Punk is a life long wrestler so would have problem grinding Rumble out and then submitting him.

LOL!!! he would have problems grinding Rumble?? you are funny man...do you even think he would have time to think about the ground game when he sees Rumble coming at him swinging like a demon?? he will get ktfo in seconds buddy. HHJ is just kidding bro, this is sherdog remember?

Back