Training Video Mousasi - Quality training partners?

BudoFighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

To me it seems the guys he trains with are not on the level a UFC fighter should train with.

What do you think?

He'sa beast, but I get the impression of "The Gonzaga Effect," where a fighter is the top dog in their gym, so they won't leave, and, as a result, stagnate in their improvement and skill level.

If he went and trained at Kings, Jackson/Wink, or ATT, we would see a true beast emerge. Pls don't be a Gonzaga, Moose.

Do any of those guys know spinning shit?

6ohb3b.jpg

Hard to say. Who does McGregor train with? Only Gunnar Nelson is top level and he is not even around all the time.

Damn. Hes sparring with complete amateurs. I know MM trains with amateur fighters, but the guys he trains with are at least bigger than him and much better than these guys.

I've seen videos of him sparring saki and other top level glory kick boxers. He has a weird team because some days it looks like this, training with armatures, and other days he's training with the worlds best kickvoxers and also top level judo grapplers from Europe. I think what hurts him the most is that he doesn't seem to have a good mma coach to tie those two aspects of the sport together game plan wise and also he probably has a shit s&c coach

~DaViD~

He'sa beast, but I get the impression of "The Gonzaga Effect," where a fighter is the top dog in their gym, so they won't leave, and, as a result, stagnate in their improvement and skill level.

If he went and trained at Kings, Jackson/Wink, or ATT, we would see a true beast emerge. Pls don't be a Gonzaga, Moose.

Good point. Maybe he owns part of the gym, or something like that.

I've seen videos of him sparring saki and other top level glory kick boxers. He has a weird team because some days it looks like this, training with armatures, and other days he's training with the worlds best kickvoxers and also top level judo grapplers from Europe. I think what hurts him the most is that he doesn't seem to have a good mma coach to tie those two aspects of the sport together game plan wise and also he probably has a shit s&c coach

~DaViD~
Personally I have not seen the vids of him training with Saki and such. But that would be great offcourse.

I think I can agree that he hasn't got a good coach to tie the different aspects together.

Well that could've been taken out of context, that might only be one of them... Which it probably is. You'll also see Jones knocking out some bum white dude with dreadlocks, but he's still GOAT lhw.

Man I wish Mousasi would go training to an American top camp.....

Well that could've been taken out of context, that might only be one of them... Which it probably is. You'll also see Jones knocking out some bum white dude with dreadlocks, but he's still GOAT lhw.
They post a lof these video's. I believe he trains very frequent with this group.

Are you sure Jones fought this guy twee weeks before a UFC fight?

I truly believe if Gegard wants to attain his ultimate goal or come close, he needs to leave the comfort zone of who hes been training with.This doesnt hold true for every fighter.In his case, though, i believe it to be true.Hes a beast and his brother is considered his lead trainer.How many times when asked, he replies "well i train with my friend over here and my friend over there "

In his last fight, his corner just said " just go out and do the same thing, Gegard"......yes ,he dominated Hall but nobody telling him to watch out for this or watch out for that.

The Jacare fight was a telling fight and he lost that fight because he couldnt carry Jacare s weight and jitz for 3+ rounds.I dont think Jacare is a better fighter than Mousasi.Ronaldo trains with studs and has evolved because of it (maybe some juice also if i didnt know any better)...Gegard has relied and raw ability for quite sometime know..
He can stay where hes at now and probably be at the back end of the top 10 for the next several years....which is probably saying alot but I think the time has come----Hume, Jacksons or Canada.
......and , now with the likely hood of cheaters getting caught--his stock will probably rise.

Damn. Hes sparring with complete amateurs. I know MM trains with amateur fighters, but the guys he trains with are at least bigger than him and much better than these guys.
Mighty Mouse also has Matt Hume and Bibiano Fernandes to train with.

Uh hello! Trains with "once in a life time" athletes!

Back