Which MMA Organization is best?

• Bellator

• WSOF

Results are only viewable after voting.

JGood456

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
With all the trash comments I've been reading about Bellator, after the Bendo signing. I have to come to their defense. Most fans' perspective is that if you're not in the UFC, you're not an elite MMA fighter. I would argue that outside of the top ten of each division, the UFC would be like any other MMA org.

Then you have these non informed fans who post comments saying Bellator doesn't have the money to sign top tier fighters, or Bellator will go broke from signing the elite guys. Comments like that only reiterate the fact that they are casual fans with limited MMA knowledge. If you know who owns Bellator, then you would know that they have the money to sign Conor, if the opportunity presented itself.

Bellator is definitely #2. Especially with Coker running that shit now. He's doing a great job with what he has been given.

Also, just because Viacom owns Bellator doesn't mean they are going to put an endless amount of money into it. But so far so good though. I wonder who else they can bring in.

Bellator is a very clear #2. Well ahead of the rest of the pack but way behind the UFC.

It could possibly be a little bit more popular if it didn't have such a shit name.

Bellator is definitely #2. Especially with Coker running that shit now. He's doing a great job with what he has been given.

Also, just because Viacom owns Bellator doesn't mean they are going to put an endless amount of money into it. But so far so good though. I wonder who else they can bring in.

Exactly. They seem to have found a good balance to maintain, and at this point, they just need the UFC to mess up and drop top talent so they can pick them up (like Bendo, possibly Overeem).

The real $$$ is in the sponsorships. If I were an up and coming fighter, this would be hugely important. It's all well and good to want to be a UFC fighter, but if I could make 6 figures each fight with sponsorships fighting everywhere BUT the UFC, that's what I'd do.

WSOF IS A JOKE

THEY HAVE FITCH AND SHIELDS AND SPONGE, ALL WHO NEVER EVER FIGHT

Who made trash comments about Bellator after the Bendo signing ? And why?

The Reebok sponsorship is the best thing to happen to Bellator, what a lot of people don't understand is that a large majority of UFC's top talent aren't young.

Average age of HW's is 36

JBJ and Gus are the youngest top fighters in LHW and they have what? 7 years until they reach there mid 30's

Weidman and Rock I think are the only guys around 30 in MW, rest are well into there 30's.

And the list goes on, fact is the UFC doesn't really have a lot of young top talent, and I could easily see Belator overtaking them in 10 years

Have people been trashing Bellator since the Bendo signing? I haven't really noticed an increase in the shit-talk.

I havent watched much WSOF. Bellator is capable of putting on some good fights,but i honestly think the Tito drama and the old relics thing is a little embarassing. Itll get ratings for the casuals...but ugh. I dont wanna see these fogeys on my tv...I cant look away but really though...i shouldnt be seeing this. Its like that Bob sapp akebono fight that sets the sport back 400 years.

The Reebok sponsorship is the best thing to happen to Bellator, what a lot of people don't understand is that a large majority of UFC's top talent aren't young.

Average age of HW's is 36

JBJ and Gus are the youngest top fighters in LHW and they have what? 7 years until they reach there mid 30's

Weidman and Rock I think are the only guys around 30 in MW, rest are well into there 30's.

And the list goes on, fact is the UFC doesn't really have a lot of young top talent, and I could easily see Belator overtaking them in 10 years

I think the UFC has young talent that will rise up. Its really the HW division thats in big trouble. Agree about Reebok though.

Coker's Bellator is hit and miss for me, I preferred Bjorn's product. Guys like Shamhalaev, Morcego, Volkov, Ivanov, Tiger, Neves and Popo should have never been released. Lack of prospects being signed compared to before. Freakshow fights at an all time high. Fewer cards, and overall lesser quality. I do still enjoy Bellator, and think they're a clear #2. The Segei and Bendo signings are great. Shit, I'm even looking forward to Ken/Royce and Dada/Kimbo, but some of the hate isn't unwarranted.

you are in the heavies right now - full of zuffa zombies who dont bother to follow other orgs - they dont know any better

but lots of people watch bellator and realize its a good promotion

you are in the heavies right now - full of zuffa zombies who dont bother to follow other orgs - they dont know any better

I dont think its a big deal that some dont follow other orgs. I consider myself a rabid mma fan,and have been watching mma for many years,but,really...i just dont have the time to watch every card.There is too many now. I cant even watch every UFC card...but fight pass at least helps me catch up eventually on things ive missed.

Rizin's two shows have been more entertaining than all of Bellators years of awfullness

I'm looking forward to Dada 5000 vs Kimbo however

I dont think its a big deal that some dont follow other orgs. I consider myself a rabid mma fan,and have been watching mma for many years,but,really...i just dont have the time to watch every card.There is too many now. I cant even watch every UFC card...but fight pass at least helps me catch up eventually on things ive missed.

i hear you, but i think what happens is that people dont follow the other orgs, and then they just think all other orgs suck - its like how iphone guys have never tried the android but are 100% sure the iphone is better - just try other sht, see what else is out there a bit and if you dont like its fine - to just close yourself off and only watch the ufc just limits your options as a fan and you will msis out on some good mma - plus your comments will be ignorant

With all the trash comments I've been reading about Bellator, after the Bendo signing. I have to come to their defense. Most fans' perspective is that if you're not in the UFC, you're not an elite MMA fighter. I would argue that outside of the top ten of each division, the UFC would be like any other MMA org.

Then you have these non informed fans who post comments saying Bellator doesn't have the money to sign top tier fighters, or Bellator will go broke from signing the elite guys. Comments like that only reiterate the fact that they are casual fans with limited MMA knowledge. If you know who owns Bellator, then you would know that they have the money to sign Conor, if the opportunity presented itself.
I agree. UFC has some bums after their top tens in every division. It's a business strategy so they can foot their $6000 fight purse to the lower tiers of each division. Bellator imo has some great fighters. Look at goiti yamuchi. Hes a top featherweight with a record of 19 and 2. 15 submissions. I think this guy is top 10 easily in featherweight rankings. Bellator will catch up very quickly soon to UFC if they continue to get fighters like benson henderson promoting for them.

Bellator is starting to become a freak show deal, they are paying to much for one off fights, the business model it seems now over there is we need to make money now so who's got the biggest names in fights that don't matter much they should be investing in talent more than anything, I fear that the progress that was made is going to be lost, shamrock gracie? Tito title shot? Dada and kimbo? I don't know if Bellator has any top tens. Honestly he needs to get back to the strike force roots, that was an overlooked organization but now look at the talent that came out, that's what he was hired to get and produce and i don't feel Coker is, the ufc is a shit show with treating fighters terrible but they are light years ahead of everyone else and young studs want to be in in the super bowl not in Canadian super bowl so the ufc has has the opportunity most times to snag young talent and lock them in before bellator just on name value of the company alone. Coker needs step up a bit IMO there's fights over that you grab your attention for sure but how many is there that get really excited?

Of course there are some elite fighters outside the UFC, there always have been.
It's hard for them to "prove" it, because they'll always be viewed as fighting lesser competition if they aren't in the UFC.

People would have laughed if anyone suggested that Strikeforce guys and WEC 155 guys could hang (and beat) Top 5 guys in the UFC.
But then you have guys like Rockhold, Jacare, Gilbert, Nick Diaz, and Romero show up, along with HW like Werdum, Reem, Barnett, Arlovski. WEC 155 guys that proved themselves to be the best in the UFC include Bendo, Pettis, and Cerrone. Alvarez is no pushover either.
They don't SUDDENLY become better just because they sign on the dotted line for Zuffa.

I have yet to see an entire WSOF event.

In fact, I think I've only seen one match.

Shields vs Paul Harris

Back