Werdum clears up details regarding his back injury

fightfan62

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
"I have two injuries. The foot injury, I fight with Miocic, Velasquez or anybody, no problem. But my back hurt a lot, with my back injury, I wouldn't fight Miocic or Velasquez. I didn't have a good feeling for the fight with this injury. My foot injury, I got an X-ray, and it's not broken, it's a small fracture. It's not nothing, but you can't give 100-percent. I don't kick for two weeks. For two weeks I had zero kicks to the right side."

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/2/1/10...elcomes-return-fight-against-stipe-miocic-mma

I thought that Werdum didn't want to fight a different opponent on short notice but it turns out that's not the case. Werdum actually had two injuries. He first injured his foot, but he was willing to fight Stipe or Cain with it. However, Werdum lated received an additional injury to his back and he would be unable to fight either fighter with his back injury. He also says that he will be willing to fight Stipe once he heals up.

The hordes of people who accuse professional fighters of being scared to fight professionally don't really give two shits about facts or rational decision making, so this likely won't redeem him much in their eyes.

The hordes of people who accuse professional fighters of being scared to fight professionally don't really give two shits about facts or rational decision making, so this likely won't redeem him much in their eyes.
Dude stepped in the ring with prime undefeated fedor and ubereem

He ain't fucking scared of stipe lol

Here's what he really said

You could hold it against Mike for it sounding a bit silly.
But that would be meaningless, he said that after KOing a guy in seconds. Nobody even knew about any injury and I doubt he'd mention it if he lost like Floyd and Manny did.

I wish Werdum the best. He's an amazing fighter and I hope he heals up well.

"Durrr he's scared!!!"

A guy that handed fucking Fedor his first loss is scared of Stipe Miocic. LoL.

Has it been revealed what exactly is wrong with his back? All I've heard from him is that he hurt his back and he didn't feel good physically or mentally, but what exactly is wrong?

Fck him
5848746820_0b94b9e371_z_d.jpg

It's a back injury so pretty much career over according to Sherdog chiropractors. Spinal injuries are career ending.

Stipe will take his title, had this epiphany yesterday.

"I have two injuries. The foot injury, I fight with Miocic, Velasquez or anybody, no problem. But my back hurt a lot, with my back injury, I wouldn't fight Miocic or Velasquez. I didn't have a good feeling for the fight with this injury. My foot injury, I got an X-ray, and it's not broken, it's a small fracture. It's not nothing, but you can't give 100-percent. I don't kick for two weeks. For two weeks I had zero kicks to the right side."

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/2/1/10...elcomes-return-fight-against-stipe-miocic-mma

I thought that Werdum didn't want to fight a different opponent on short notice but it turns out that's not the case. Werdum actually had two injuries. He first injured his foot, but he was willing to fight Stipe or Cain with it. However, Werdum lated received an additional injury to his back and he would be unable to fight either fighter with his back injury. He also says that he will be willing to fight Stipe once he heals up.

Well that's a lie. He already said differently. Non-champ. Glad Stipe is rumored to be taking the belt from him in May.

Don't be surprised if Fabricio finds his way out of that fight too

Back