Freddie Roach's boxing advice to Rousey...just steer away from Holly

BoxingFan653

C-137
@Brown
Reaction score
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...steer-clear-of-holly-holm-20160203-story.html

"Somebody asked me if I would take [Rousey] over and I said, ‘Well, I would like to help her, but to get the experience the other girl [Holm] has from 35 pro [boxing] fights – she beat everybody, fought everybody in the world and has a background in kickboxing – I would stay away from the girl,” Roach said.

But Holm has the belt, Roach was reminded.

“It’ll take [Rousey] four-to-five years to get the experience [Holm] already has,” Roach countered."

c781b103de6673a0a52375043bbd8be6.gif

p6bSZb0.png

9e77aae.jpg

All night.

Ronda has a coach with 99 years of experience. Pac man needs to fire roach and hire Eddie.

Last edited:
Too bad Ronda wont go to a proper gym with good coaches.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...steer-clear-of-holly-holm-20160203-story.html

"Somebody asked me if I would take [Rousey] over and I said, ‘Well, I would like to help her, but to get the experience the other girl [Holm] has from 35 pro [boxing] fights – she beat everybody, fought everybody in the world and has a background in kickboxing – I would stay away from the girl,” Roach said.

But Holm has the belt, Roach was reminded.

“It’ll take [Rousey] four-to-five years to get the experience [Holm] already has,” Roach countered."
This Roach noob needs some advice from Edmond, as ASAP as possible.

Freddie Roach started boxing in 1978. That's 37 years of experience.

Edmond has that plus 63 more. Freddie should know his place.

Since Ronda won't even WATCH the fight, and is staying with Edmond, her steering will be about as good as this guys:

CMQAP4rnTLq3023illao_Wrong-Driver.gif

Lol good advice.

Just stay the fuck away and be a DNB.

Edmund > Freddie Roach, Angelo Dundee, and Emanuel Steward when it comes to boxing knowledge.

lmfao I love this, Ronda shows some immaturity with this one, Its one thing to not completely abandon the guy since he did get her where she is (even tho we know what that is now). but she clearly needs new, unbiased coaching from someone with real and reasearchable experience, not a guy who's pro record is unfindable

Anybody know what his relationship to McGregor is? After the Aldo fight I saw him approach McGregor as he was stepping out of the cage but McGregor seemed to kinda brush him off.

No.. what she should steer away from is Edmund's coaching.. You don't need to match a striker in stand-up experience, you just need a better gameplan (which comes with better coaching)

Roach basically said, "just retire."

rousey wont leave her gym. and she already said she will retire if she loses to holm again. roach was right.... avoid holm. because he knows that the outcome will be the same if they fight again

Lol... Roach pre rousey/holm:

Roach believes Holm has a fighting chance in the standup, given her wealth of boxing experience. MMA, though, involves so much more, so Roach doesn't expect Holm to have an answer for Rousey's world-class ground credentials.

"[Rousey's] not the best in the world [at boxing], but she's good, she's very competitive, she tries really hard," said Roach. "It's probably not the best thing she does, she probably better at ground game, but again, she's more experienced there. Her boxing is good, the girl she's fighting is a good boxer also. When they stand up it will be a good fight but when it goes to the ground she's going to destroy her."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back