Accuracy of Sherdog Forum poll results.

RiotWyatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I was curious so I did a quick search and these are the ones I found. A lot of poll threads seem bugged and don't display the results. I believe the old ones were lost with the site overhaul. So far, Sherdog has been surprisingly accurate, only being wrong when it's a close split decision where follow up polls show the majority believing that the loser should have won.

Dillashaw vs Cruz
Sherdog picked Cruz. Cruz won.

Lawler vs Condit
Sherdog picked Condit. Lawler won.

Arlovski vs Miocic
Sherdog picked Miocic. Miocic won.

Pettis vs Alvarez
Sherdog picked Pettis. Alvarez won.

Holohan vs Smolka
Sherdog picked Smolka. Smolka won.

If you are able to dig up more results, please post them.

974d5438eacaf558ab7a37ee53792c25.jpg

I'm still so heartbroken that Paddy loss that fight to an undeserving opponent in his backyard.

you must have missed the holm vs rousey poll

Since you are doing this already, best to put the percentage of the poll! Makes this thread more informative

This is were we realize we are all just fans and actually have no idea who wins. Its because fighting is awesome and anything can happen. Its not like a team sport. This is 2 individual's and your best guess is what "should" happen. Dude could be reliving Rocky 4 and comes out amazing.

That's 5 out of 5 if the correct fighters get the decisions. And that includes 2 underdogs (Cruz and Condit) albeit only slight ones.

That's 5 out of 5 if the correct fighters get the decisions. And that includes 2 underdogs (Cruz and Condit) albeit only slight ones.
the judges said condit lost - that's all that matters. there are plenty of times sherdog has been wrong too. off the top of my head:
reem vs jds
holm vs rousey
weidman vs rockhold

If you included those 3, it would be a 3-5 record for predictions... 5 (or 8 for that matter) fights is just too few to base anything on

So basically 50/50.. Sherdog is no better at picking fights than your average joe

A lot of people here picked Aldo over McGregor...

This is were we realize we are all just fans and actually have no idea who wins. Its because fighting is awesome and anything can happen. Its not like a team sport. This is 2 individual's and your best guess is what "should" happen. Dude could be reliving Rocky 4 and comes out amazing.

It was certainly amazing the last time they relived Rocky 4.

70jgnr.jpg

It's actually pretty split and my guess is that most of the time Sherdog polls simply pick the betting favorite.

You can always count on around 50 % of people having your opinion give or take 20 %. That does not mean its right or wrong it just means opinions.

Guessing on something with a 50% chance of being right is not the most impressive thing.

Back