Can we give Jose Aldo some props?

INoHespectChael

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I know he got embarrassed worse than Cat Zingano but at least he was the only active champ with the balls to call out the UFC for their BS on a bunch of things.

Everyone was too scared of the consequences of doing it. GSP waited until he was retired to call them out along with a ton of other fighters.

Aldo called them out for under paying fighters, the terrible Reebok deal and saying they needed a fighters' union while he was #2 P4P and undefeated for 9 years.

Last edited:
Aldo was and still is my favorie fighter. Nothing but respect for the featherweight GOAT.

Of course, he's a legend. He only took this fight with Conor too personal after it happened, needs to chill out.
The UFC would be a lot unhappier if Aldo was an American giving all this backlash on the company, his whining don't reach much audience being a Brazilian.

Who gives a fuck. I'll take a little less talk and a lot more action. By making himself as big as the UFC itself, Conor actually has a chance of breaking the orginizations stranglehold over the fighters. Aldo is just a disgruntled has-been who never commanded shit

I doubt we can despite him deserving props.

Nobody talks about it but Aldo landed a pretty good punch on Conor the same time Conor read him his bed time story but what do we need to give Aldo props for he is not looking for anybodies acceptance or approval he could careless wtf we think. He is a millionaire wtf does he need a pat pat ?

Aldo called them out for under paying fighters, the terrible Reebok deal and saying they needed a fighters' union while he was #2 P4P and undefeated for 9 years.
No, what Aldo did was sign a contract for a certain amount of money, and having full knowledge of the Reebok aspect to his contract, and the lack of a fighters union. He was paid for what the UFC believed his worth to be. He agreed to the Mcgregor fight knowing all three of these points.

He's the GOAT FW and possibly my favorite fighter. Every fighter has their time tho. Not saying a 13 second KO means he's done for but I think we can all agree that he was gotten to and made a mistake he normally wouldnt. Maybe scared. Maybe extremely pissed. Who knows. He's not the cold killer he was in WEC. still a huge fan and hoping for a rebound.

I don't know aldos contract, but the thing is if he is ufc champ p4p he should have just left for Japan or bellator or something where it's supposedly better pay, start his own promotion etc, Phil Davis said it that you can't just pretend and act like you gonna do something, you have to be prepared to actually do it *bout bellator' and know he won the world lhw dynamite gp and will challenge for the world title while also complained, stayed, got knocked out like stupid and isn't getting a rematch. Again I don't know aldos contract but damn he should just leave otherwise this is on him

No, what Aldo did was sign a contract for a certain amount of money, and having full knowledge of the Reebok aspect to his contract, and the lack of a fighters union. He was paid for what the UFC believed his worth to be. He agreed to the Mcgregor fight knowing all three of these points.

The UFC fighters didn't negotiate and agree to the Reebok deal.

It was forced upon them, genius.

What do you want them to do? Quit and go to Bellator even though they're stuck in a contract with the UFC?

Nobody talks about it but Aldo landed a pretty good punch on Conor the same time Conor read him his bed time story but what do we need to give Aldo props for he is not looking for anybodies acceptance or approval he could careless wtf we think. He is a millionaire wtf does he need a pat pat ?
good enough to split Conor's eye brow. Crazy he stood in the pocket to land his KO shot with Aldo charging.

Who gives a fuck. I'll take a little less talk and a lot more action. By making himself as big as the UFC itself, Conor actually has a chance of breaking the orginizations stranglehold over the fighters. Aldo is just a disgruntled has-been who never commanded shit

Damn Gunny, I could say the same thing about your entire post history on Sherdog.

The UFC fighters didn't negotiate and agree to the Reebok deal.
Oh I see. Aldo was unaware of the Reebok deal before he agreed to fight Mcgregor. He also had a clause that stipulated
that the UFC had to go through HIM before acquiring a sponsor. And was he STUCK in a contract, or did he sign the
fucking thing. Who exactly forced his hand to pen and paper numnuts?

My only solace from being forced to watch that damn gif on these boards is that, that punch had a lot of fucking heat on it. Still as explosive as ever.

He'll bounce back as true greats always do.

Landed a good punch.....He reopened the cut that still wasn't healed that Conor got from Mendes in that fight, didn't affect Conor in the least as demonstrated by his immediate and pin-point hammerfists, and he got knocked out doing it. Let's define good punch, because I don't think that's it. No offense.

-Claims McGregor's clown antics won't affect him, but gotten to big time
-Can't sell PPVs worth a dime
-Refuses to learn English or do much of anything for promotion
-Repeatedly pulls out of championship fights, wasting the promoter millions
-Complains about everything
-Says the clown McGregor will make him laugh - cries after the fight
-Gets finished in record time by said clown, in the way the clown predicted

Major props to Aldo: props for bringing all the popcorn. 9/10 he should be more bitter and complain more

You don't think getting KO'd with the 1st punch in 13 seconds was as embarrassing as Zingano getting arm barred in 14 seconds?

GTFO

Yes, you're an idiot who doesn't understand the first thing about this then. Do you want me to post the differences between an armbar and a punch or what? Do you not know it's much harder and takes a lot of steps to get on a dominating position and submit your opponent? A punch connecting the chin and KOing your opponent happen much more at random, and that's why we say stuff like 'a puncher's chance'. Those situations are only comparable if your only interest is knowing how long it took for the fight to end.

Back