GSP's Professionalism was something to admire

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
I don't think that GSP viewed this sport as a fight but rather as Martial arts and sports competition but not street fight, Ancient battlefield, gladitor-type, dog fight or however people like to view it.

He viewed this thing pure and knew that the possibility of defeat is always there and so in a sense he never got carried away by his own hype or ability because he knew that defeat is part of reality. As Rashad famously said once ''Everybody believes his the one until someone comes and beats them but the truth is that there is no one''

GSP trained his butt off in every single fight as if it was his last fight and always did the best to avoid saying alot of bullshit and turned up at fight nights mostly without saying any insults or carrying a grudge but purely wanted the W more then anything in his life. Nothing personal but just bussiness.

I see alot of guys going into fights with Conor McGregor carrying a grudge or some sort of ill mannered hatred. hatred and grugde really makes a fighters judgement and decision vivid and lacking. example pride will delude them in seconds. Lets say they get rocked and there reactions would be different then usually because they will start to give back right away without thinking I need to recover ASAP and re-group. when Grudge and hatred is involved you start to belittle your opponent automatically finding yourself underrating his ability and it surprises them later in fight nights most of the time.

Do never enter the octagon with hatred, grudge or pride then you will start to see things clear and your vision will be clear as daylight and it will remove unreasonable fear of humilation, hesitation, sloppyness, and stiffness.

To put it short you will be the best version of yourself

Last edited:
didnt he used some excuses to justify the serra loss?

but aside the PED whining he seemed to be a great champion

Speaking of which, did anybody catch Undeniable last night? I can't wait to watch it.

gsp-messed-up-face.jpg

Yes, I always felt GSP's very professional approach to fighting was really positive for the sport. Randy, Rich, and Fedor are some other good examples.

Lance Armstrong had top notch professionalism too.

vaseline-450x450_tcm72-298021.jpg

also, how about all those superfights he gave us.....always trying to give the fans their moneys worth:
duck_PNG4998.png

The guy was a true professional and i respect that.

also, how about all those superfights he gave us.....always trying to give the fans their moneys worth:
duck_PNG4998.png
Aww you can just cuddle your BJ poster tonight and cry as usual

He didn't take him seriously, he massively underestimated him. He never made that mistake again.

duck_PNG4998.png

Lance Armstrong never used Vaseline and I'm sure GSP has great insurance. I don't see your point.

With all the talkers nowadays it puts GSP's professionalism in perspective.....hard to believe the ufc threw him under the bus like that after the hendricks fight

Yeah I liked him more than his fights

yeah, that excuse was "I will get him next time... brutally!"

GSP played the part his management told him to play, but it never gelled with me. He looked like Donkey Kong wearing a suit. Out of place and part of an image. He was also connected to a notorious drug dealer in Canada, and he of course got a pass, because his name is not Jones.

People hate on his fights for being boring, but up until the Serra loss he was absolute annihilating the top 10. That Serra loss made him incredibly cautious.

Back