Sherdog crashing all the time...

Shaddows

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Am I the only one who's been constantly crashing since these new changes took place?

Mostly they are Shockwave crashes, and mostly when the site tries to connect to some advertisements.

I have sent e-mails (using contact us) but got no response, so checking if people in here experienced the same thing and know what to do...

Not once for me.

It's working fine over here.

I've only not been able to access the forum immediately after PPV MEs.

Wait til Mar 5... She gonna blow up REAL GOOD !

Am I the only one who's been constantly crashing since these new changes took place?

Mostly they are Shockwave crashes, and mostly when the site tries to connect to some advertisements.

I have sent e-mails (using contact us) but got no response, so checking if people in here experienced the same thing and know what to do...

It's a major problem. Sherdog was always a bit of a pig, but now that they've changed formats it pretty rough. The basic pattern for me is, slow loading, followed by slower loading, followed by painful lags in typing, followed by shockwave crash, followed by temporary speeding up, and then right back to the same pattern. It's ugly.

Yeah did they pay for this shit? If so I think they paid to have regulars visit less often and be annoyed when they are here. Typing a message can be retarded sometimes too.

If you're experiencing more crashes on Xenforo over vBulletin, your hardware or browser is crap and you need to upgrade. vBulletin has been outdated since 2012.

No crashes...OP does that happen on other computers as well?

Are you using a pirated Windows? Not saying that is the problem but it could be a relevant consideration. Also I've noticed that Chrome can get squirrelly over time. If you don't have a whole lot invested in your current browser specifications then consider uninstalling/reinstalling Chrome (or Firefox) and starting with a clean setup. But make sure you read up on the proper steps get rid of all of Chrome's presence on your system.

The .net side has scripts that fail all the time.

On the .com side, no.

I only have this problem after UFC events. It does seem like a small minority is having these problems. If you're experiencing this the only solution I can offer is to log off, clear your cache, cookies, and history and try logging back on.

It's a major problem. Sherdog was always a bit of a pig, but now that they've changed formats it pretty rough. The basic pattern for me is, slow loading, followed by slower loading, followed by painful lags in typing, followed by shockwave crash, followed by temporary speeding up, and then right back to the same pattern. It's ugly.
this is exactly what is happening to me!

this is exactly what is happening to me!

I've researched it some in the past. It's a chrome issue. Something about our settings and/or an add-on is likely causing it. Or so they say (I find I have problems with other browsers, too, but I've seen it suggested that having Chrome as one of your browsers will have a similar affect on the others; not sure I believe that, but what do I know?).

All types of suggestions out there on how to fix it. I've tried a couple of the easier ones to no avail. If I felt like putting the time and energy in, I could probably figure it out, but the truth is it literally only happens to me on Sherdog, (or on other sites while I'm also on Sherdog).

In my opinion, that kinda makes it Sherdog's issue to research and solve (and also Chrome's). I'm the 'customer' and I have other options.

I've researched it some in the past. It's a chrome issue. Something about our settings and/or an add-on is likely causing it. Or so they say (I find I have problems with other browsers, too, but I've seen it suggested that having Chrome as one of your browsers will have a similar affect on the others; not sure I believe that, but what do I know?).

All types of suggestions out there on how to fix it. I've tried a couple of the easier ones to no avail. If I felt like putting the time and energy in, I could probably figure it out, but the truth is it literally only happens to me on Sherdog, (or on other sites while I'm also on Sherdog).

In my opinion, that kinda makes it Sherdog's issue to research and solve (and also Chrome's). I'm the 'customer' and I have other options.

Agree with you.
I just downloaded FireFox and it is working fine.

If Chrome can't fix this, then they just lost me as an user...

Agree with you.
I just downloaded FireFox and it is working fine.

If Chrome can't fix this, then they just lost me as an user...

Ohhh, was going to say, on computer it takes foreverrrrrrrr to load. Like the page will load but then I have to wait forever for my notifications and message windows to open so I can see them. Been pissing me off. Hmm, maybe will look into another browser then.

If you're experiencing more crashes on Xenforo over vBulletin, your hardware or browser is crap and you need to upgrade. vBulletin has been outdated since 2012.

Not the case here. My hardware is tip top and I use several browsers -all updated- and SD still runs like crap. I also find a comment like this one a bit off base because I have zero issues on any other site or board like the ones I encounter on SD. And to add insult to injury -SD's Offshoots run better than this place does. Thats pretty unfortunate if you ask me.

For what its worth, the old boards ran like shit twards the end too, this new one runs only a tad bit better on my pc but not by much. Its the adverts imo that fuck everything up, and there isn't anything that will be done about that - I suspect thats why you may not have any issues as I don't beleive Plats deal with the adverts here.

Mobile is the best way to post on SD, and was on the old boards too imo (at least twards the end).

As for the browsers; IE deosn't work almost at all on SD, regular Google works, but seems to get worse the longer you stay, Chrome is pretty much the same and Firefox works, but you have to dick around with the settings too much to get it to run consistent and even then, its choppy too like Google. As I mentioned earlier in my post, Mobile works the best for me -I just wish they'd give us the option on mobile to disable a lot of shit like the old mobile version did -but again, I think the reason they won't revolves around the fact they don't want you to be able to disable the adverts.

Its all about the Benjamins

Back