How Aldo must be feeling?

Montecristo

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Dana and the UFC are treating him like shit

Ronda gets a beatdown and gets Koed - Immediate title shot for Ronda when she decides to comeback.
Cain gets injuried and completes 1 year out - Werdum gets interim belt
Cain loses to Werdum (beatdown and submission in México)- Immediate rematch
Weidman loses to Rockhold (beatdown and TKO)- Immediate rematch
Dominick Cruz comes from 2 years out - immediate title shot
Frankie Edgar loses to Ben Henderson (decision)- Immediate rematch
Frankie Edgar loses to Ben Henderson again - immediate title shot at FW
AS loses to Weidman (KO) - Immediate rematch
JJ comes back after suspension - Immediate title shot
BJ Penn loses to Frankie Edgar in a close decision- Immediate rematch.
Randy Couture loses LHW title to Vitor Belfort - Immediate rematch.
Sean Sherk gets suspended and stripped of his title, next fight back is a title match against BJ Penn.

Gustafsson (who is not even the champ and never was) takes an early TKO against AJ in his Hometown - Next fight -> Another title shot (being the first against JJ)

(Insert here other rematches or immediate title shots)

Conor beats (with an early punch) Aldo (9 title defenses since WEC) (10 years undefeated)

Dana says: "Can´t promote that fight, Conor (cash cow) is going to fight for the LW belt and KEEP the FW belt until he decides to defend it". When he does Frankie Edgar is next in line."

PS: I erased the cain fights because some people complained so much

Last edited:
I don't care. He was the worst UFC champ. Pulled out of like 6 or 7 fights. However if they made the rematch I would be glad because he would need to retire after.

Cain didn't get an immediate rematch, he had to beat Bigfoot to get another shot at JDS.
JDS didn't get an immediate rematch., he had to beat Mark Hunt to get a title shot.
Cruz won his first fight back before getting a title shot against Dillashaw.

But don't let facts get in your way.

While I agree that Aldo, to the masses, doesn't have a great argument as to why he should get another crack at Conor...Weidman getting the immediate rematch rightfully should piss Aldo off. Weidman got son'd (a word we have to get popularized), and it'll be the same in the rematch. I just hate immediate rematches overall, especially since the UFC rarely ever gives us rematches we actually care about

Last edited:
Well Aldo has no business fighting for a while anyway. Does Sherdog know nothing about head trauma?

Last edited:
I don't care. He was the worst UFC champ. Pulled out of like 6 or 7 fights. However if they made the rematch I would be glad because he would need to retire after.

Can you name this 7 fights he pulled off?

A rematch would have been more likely had he not pulled out of UFC 189.

Based on how the UFC is dealing with rematches, he's more deserving than anyone else. However, he shoukd rest a while due to the KO. I think his best choice is to wait until Frankie and Conor fight then face the winner

If you bitch about your employer, you think they're going to help you out?

Everybodys forgetting the fact that a lot of examples of immediate rematches were also due to lack of contenders!!!! Stop detailing the things that only suit your argument.

BJ Penn loses to Frankie Edgar in a close decision gets immediate rematch.

Randy Couture loses LHW title to Vitor Belfort and gets immediate rematch.

Sean Sherk gets suspended and stripped of his title, next fight back is a title match against BJ Penn.

Cain loses to JDS (early punch) - Immediate rematch
JDS loses to Cain (beatdown) - Immediate rematch
Cain gets injury and completes 1 year out - Werdum gets interim belt
Cain loses to Werdum (beatdown and submission in México)- Immediate rematch
Weidman loses to Rockhold (beatdown and TKO)- Immediate rematch
Dominick Cruz comes from 2 years out - immediate title shot
Frankie Edgar loses to Ben Henderson (decision)- Immediate rematch
Frankie Edgar loses to Ben Henderson again - immediate title shot at FW
AS loses to Weidman (KO) - Immediate rematch
JJ comes back after suspension - Immediate title shot

(Insert here other rematches or immediate title shots)

Conor beats (with an early punch) Aldo (9 title defenses since WEC) (10 years undefeated)

Dana says: "Can´t promote that fight, Conor (cash cow) is going to fight for the LW belt and KEEP the FW belt until he decides to defend it". When he does Frankie Edgar is next in line."
I was under the impression that the Fertitta Brothers could run
their company the way that they wanted to.

Well....there are really only like 5 fans that are upset that he's not getting the rematch....so in this case they're actually doing the right thing ;)

Aren't you sick of rematches at this point? I am. I want to see fresh matchups.

Weidman/Rockhold 2 and Cain/Werdum 2 didn't need to be made, at least the werdum/cain fight is off.

Back