Cruz says RDA doesn't have the wrestling to beat Conor

dertdent

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Cruz says he picks Conor because "...I know he[RDA] can wrestle but I know he doesn't have wrestling accolades. He doesn't put two moves together to get a takedown. He counts on one powerful move."

Everyone knows that. RDA can only gets TDs against the cage.

But like I said before, who ever wants Conor to lose will pretend he is GSP.

A lot of people put too much weight on the Mendes fight. McGregor had a bum knee and stood flat footed the entire fight. Plus he only had two weeks to prepare for a wrestler. Besides this fight, there's not been many signs that he has poor TDD. - unless you go back to ancient times. RDA will have a tough time taking him down.

If Conor fought Dan Hardy the haters would put their houses on the outlaw's power double :D

I think RDA will be knocked out. But, as a huge Conor fan, I really hope he doesn't fight Robbie Lawler.

...against people with decent TDD....

No. He did that against the likes of Cerrone and Pettis. Those 2 probably doesn't even train TDD. Pettis has terrible TDD, even Jeremy Sthepens put him on the ground. And Cerrone doesn't care for TDD because his ground is great. I think Pettis didn't cared much about TDD too because he thought he could catch someone because of his great guard.

I think RDA will be knocked out. But, as a huge Conor fan, I really hope he doesn't fight Robbie Lawler.

Why. Lawler has took more than 500 shots in his last fights. If there is a chance for Conor to get 3 titles, it's Lawler.

Conor shouldn't fight Hendricks though. Too strong.

A lot of people put too much weight on the Mendes fight. McGregor had a bum knee and stood flat footed the entire fight. Plus he only had two weeks to prepare for a wrestler. Besides this fight, there's not been many signs that he has poor TDD. - unless you go back to ancient times. RDA will have a tough time taking him down.
I hate Conor more than most. I want nothing more than to see him get beat into a bloody pulp but i agree with this. Conor haters cling onto the Mendes fight but i bet his TDD and ground game are better than everyone suspects.

No. He did that against the likes of Cerrone and Pettis. Those 2 probably doesn't even train TDD. Pettis has terrible TDD, even Jeremy Sthepens put him on the ground. And Cerrone doesn't care for TDD because his ground is great. I think Pettis didn't cared much about TDD too because he thought he could catch someone because of his great guard.

Fair enough. Although I would say it's a bit much to say they don't train TDD at all.

Why. Lawler has took more than 500 shots in his last fights. If there is a chance for Conor to get 3 titles, it's Lawler.

Conor shouldn't fight Hendricks though. Too strong.

Lawler scares me though. He's an insane person.

And? RDA will have more than enough power to get McG to the mat.

Cruz may be better, but RDA is no slouch.

Fair enough. Although I would say it's a bit much to say they don't train TDD at all.

Pettis probably does, but I don't know why Cerrone would. Cerrone ground is great and he should use it more.

Remember Conor stuffed a couple of Mendes takedown attempts and this time he might not have a bummed knee (allegedly). He'll also have more than two weeks to train for a wrestler. Moving up in weight could have a Rumble Johnson type effect as well.

Jon jones says RDA will destroy mcgregor.

Ill take Jon Jones word over the manlet.
giphy.gif

Remember Conor stuffed a couple of Mendes takedown attempts and this time he might not have a bummed knee (allegedly). He'll also have more than two weeks to train for a wrestler. Moving up in weight could have a Rumble Johnson type effect as well.
Ah yes, the Rumble effect. Imagine if this phenomenon occurs with Conor. He'd be McGod.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back