Anderson Silva: Weidman deserves immediate rematch + thoughts on 1st fight

INoHespectChael

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Pretty classy comments from Silva unless he secretly just wants to see Weidman get his face pummeled again. :D

"I think it’s fair," Silva told Passando a Guarda. "He was the champion, had good wins on his last fights, defeated tough opponents, and deserves respect from everyone, especially the other middleweights. He deserves this immediate rematch against Rockhold."

"The Spider" credits Rockhold’s fourth-round TKO win at UFC 194 to his cardio, persistence and technique.

"It was an interesting fight," Silva said. "Luke put some pressure that Weidman wasn’t used to. We haven’t seen him fight five rounds with quality. It’s hard to talk about this fight or criticize Weidman or Rockhold. They are both great fighters.

"Weidman had the opportunity to prove why he was the champion, and Rockhold proved why he’s the new champion. He was better prepared and surprised Weidman. Weidman is a great fighter with good jiu-jitsu and a modest striking, but Rockhold put some pressure and won with his persistence, cardio and technique."

"It’s a tough, tough fight," Silva said. "I believe Weidman will train the things he did wrong in the last fight, and it’s going to be a tougher fight for Rockhold."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/4/10914824/anderson-silva-chris-weidman-deserves-immediate-rematch

Silva was extremely respectful of Weidman post fight (yeah I know he was an ass during it). But he never made excuses or anything and showed a lot of class towards the man who dethroned him.

Jacare deserves title shot. 8-fight win streak if we don't count the Yoel fight. Jacare is getting screwed worse than Hendricks did when Diaz got title shot.

Weidman is a bigger draw than Jacare.
Nick Diaz is a bigger draw than Hendricks.

Matchmaking in a nutshell.

he probably wants weidman to get raped again

Jacare deserves title shot. 8-fight win streak if we don't count the Yoel fight. Jacare is getting screwed worse than Hendricks did when Diaz got title shot.

Weidman is a bigger draw than Jacare.
Nick Diaz is a bigger draw than Hendricks.

Matchmaking in a nutshell.
Bader is on a 5 fight win streak if we don't count the rumble fight. Jacare had 2 wins over Carmozzi on the same winstreak!

The only thing I care (and I really care) about Silva is when he enters the cage and fight, other than that he has the personality of a spoon and can STFU.

I am positive Silva will get retribution on Weidman before his career is done. Hopefully for the belt.

The only thing I care (and I really care) about Silva is when he enters the cage and fight, other than that he has the personality of a spoon and can STFU.
same way I feel about the guy in your AV...

he probably wants weidman to get raped again

It sounds respectful but if Silva is serious about a title run ... having Weidman lose to Rockhold twice in a row would keep him far from the title picture for a while.

Thus ... assuming a lot here ... IF Silva really can be as good as he use to be and beats Bisping and Rockhold (better stylistic match ups) ... Weidman will not be a threat to challenge him any time soon.

Tons of ifs but if you can't beat em ...

... let someone else beat em for you.

Anderson is a sick person

Wants to see Weidman brutally beaten again

It sounds respectful but if Silva is serious about a title run ... having Weidman lose to Rockhold twice in a row would keep him far from the title picture for a while.

Thus ... assuming a lot here ... IF Silva really can be as good as he use to be and beats Bisping and Rockhold (better stylistic match ups) ... Weidman will not be a threat to challenge him any time soon.

Tons of ifs but if you can't beat em ...

... let someone else beat em for you.
yeah weidman getting raped twice would be perfect for anderson, but i think anderson getting the title would leave it wide open for weidman, BUT maybe the ufc would want anderson as champ so they would delay at max weidman challenging for the title again

He's secretly in love with Weidman.

1005728_10151747652589479_1359001280_n.jpg

" Weidman is a great fighter with good jiu-jitsu and a modest striking" aha he had to slip that one

Silva was extremely respectful of Weidman post fight (yeah I know he was an ass during it). But he never made excuses or anything and showed a lot of class towards the man who dethroned him.
Silva has always been respectful outside the octagon. There has always been this misconception about him from people who don't understand that 'baiting' has been in martial arts for as long as martial arts have existed.

Rockhold by even more brutal beating. Rockhold was weakens by antibiotics for a staff infection on his foot during that fight and still beat Weidman down like nothing. Not a fan of Rockhold just think he's way too big for this division, Rockhold wins by another brutal beating

At this rate the UFC might as well make every championship fight best of three

Back