News 3 fights announced for UFC 300

Seriously?

Jiri-Rakic can't be right.

This has to be rumour mill shit.

Nickal-Brundage is extremely negative. They're falling into the Paddy Pimblett trap.

What you do with Nickal at 300? Brundage is trivial at this point. I was thinking Josh Fremd could be a nice, incremental push in difficulty. An extremely honest fight imo is Nickal vs Malkoun.

What you do with Nickal at 300? Brundage is trivial at this point. I was thinking Josh Fremd could be a nice, incremental push in difficulty. An extremely honest fight imo is Nickal vs Malkoun.

Maybe Andre Petroski.

It has to be someone better than Jamie Pickett, someone with a decent record, but who ultimately looks quite favourable stylistically - for me, someone who wrestles, isn't tremendous on the feet, and is an honest test.

If we're record collecting, GM3 or Bruno Silva.

But if his grappling just isn't developing as we might have thought, all of these are really tough.

Maybe Andre Petroski.

It has to be someone better than Jamie Pickett, someone with a decent record, but who ultimately looks quite favourable stylistically - for me, someone who wrestles, isn't tremendous on the feet, and is an honest test.

If we're record collecting, GM3 or Bruno Silva.

But if his grappling just isn't developing as we might have thought, all of these are really tough.

Nice one! I didn't think of that at all, but the Petroski fight seems superifically high-stakes while realistically presenting Bo with a clear-cut path to victory.

In hindsight, the Fremd matchup does seem a bit soft, even if he trounced Pickett and is most likely better than Brundage. There'd be arguments that the UFC is pampering him regardless.

You didn't like Malkoun, though-- too dangerous? I suppose you could argue that the Petroski matchup is identical--strong wrestler, rudimentary hands--while also profiting from Petroski's nice streak prior to Pereira. Maybe Golden Gloves Bo finds that chin after Pereira tagged it.

Edit: Mixed up Pickett and Brundage

Last edited:
They are good fights BUT as long as they are not co-main or main event fights, they will be fine on the prelims. UFC 300 should be special, none of those fights are special, but they are good fights.

I'll give UFC the benefit of the doubt, I think they have a WOW fight planned

We waited years for this? UFC should've waited to announce something huge for the card. Hope these are the prelims Dana was saying that was going to blow your mind. This is typical UFC main card filler.

Jiri vs Rak is a bit out of place. But I dont hate it
They both wanted it. Rakic called him for a fight on social media(respectfully). And jiri said Rakics initial ask date was too soon and proposed a later date. And here we are.

Nice one! I didn't think of that at all, but the Petroski fight seems superifically high-stakes while realistically presenting Bo with a clear-cut path to victory.

In hindsight, the Fremd matchup does seem a bit soft, even if he trounced Brundage and is better than Pickett. There'd be arguments that the UFC is pampering him regardless.

You didn't like Malkoun, though-- too dangerous? I suppose you could argue that the Petroski matchup is identical--strong wrestler, rudimentary hands--while also profiting from Petroski's nice streak prior to Pereira. Maybe Golden Gloves Bo finds that chin after Pereira tagged it.

I do like the Malkoun fight, but I don't think the UFC really like his style - I don't think they'd risk putting him on 300.

Malkoun is an ultra grinder. A real tough test, but Bo should really be able to beat him.

Maybe he's next after Brundage? That would make a lot of sense.

3 good fights. Doubt any of these are on the maincard so not sure why people seem to think it's anticlimactic.

If we have 2 recent champs on the prelims then it shows that the card is going to be something special imo.
I don't see how Jiri is gonna be on the prelims lol

I do like the Malkoun fight, but I don't think the UFC really like his style - I don't think they'd risk putting him on 300.

Malkoun is an ultra grinder. A real tough test, but Bo should really be able to beat him.

Maybe he's next after Brundage? That would make a lot of sense.

That's fair. Malkoun looked like he really worked on his GNP until the DQ, so it might be a fun variable for Bo to work around in grappling exchanges on the mat. I agree that the UFC probably aren't keen on him lol

No one said these are guaranteed prelims. All Dana said is not Main Street event or Co Main Event. I think at least 1/3 of end up on main card, but no more then 2. They will probably have Bo off PPV just to get all eyes on him. Having Bo on the last two PPVs was a joke (Picket who is 2-6 in UFC and the undersized late call up).

All good fights. Don't care about big names as long as it's good fights

They both wanted it. Rakic called him for a fight on social media(respectfully). And jiri said Rakics initial ask date was too soon and proposed a later date. And here we are.
Jiri wanted rematch with Pereira but Pereira doesnt want rematch atm. So Rakic was obvious choice as Jiri wants to get active soon as possible and show good performance to fans + He is promised with title fight if he wins over Rakič.

Jiri vs. Rakic
Aljo vs. Kattar
Nickal vs. Brundage

Gonna need a banger of a main event to save this card.
I’m looking at a website that says it’s Aljamain versus Chase Hooper, wtf?

Edit My bad I read it wrong. They’re having a grappling match.

sure. and Tony wants to fight Conor. its not always about what the fighters want

I don't think Dana is the biggest fan of Aljo and Kattar will have not fought in a year and a half by the time this card happens. It's a prelim fight. Bo Nickal will probably be the opening fight on the early prelims. Jiri Rakic is definitely main card material.

Last edited:
Back