Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.5 (First Critics Reviews)

Predict the WORLDWIDE Box Office Total for Avengers Infinity War

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it was when skinny Steve Rogers jumped on a "live" grenade.

PsXt6vj.gif

This.

Steve Rogers was willing to die for his ppl to begin with

Update: March 22, 2018

Chris Evans to Retire as Captain America After AVENGERS 4 Reshoots

sx9lYch.jpg

No matter how things go for the good guys in the next two Avengersmovies, it's beginning to look like the Marvel Cinematic Universe won't have Steve Rogers to kick around for much longer. Chris Evans has seemingly confirmed that he will hang up Captain America's shield after the as-yet-untitled fourth Avengers feature, due out in 2019.

A profile of the actor in the The New York Times asserts that Evans will leave the Marvel franchise after planned reshoots for the fourth Avengers movie later this year, quoting him as saying, "You want to get off the train before they push you off." (Evans has played Captain America since 2011's Captain America: The First Avenger.)

It isn't the first time the idea of Evans retiring as Captain America has been raised. Initial interviews from the set of next month's Avengers: Infinity War featured much discussion about the possibility of many of the original Avengers cast retiring, talking about the movie's promotion being one of the final times they'll spend together. However, this does appear to be the first confirmation from Evans that he's planning his departure from the franchise.

In comic book lore, Steve Rogers is but one of a number of Captains America, and two of his comic book replacements are already present in the MCU: Bucky Barnes, aka the Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan) and Sam Wilson, the Falcon (Anthony Mackie). Fans have long suspected that Rogers could die as part of Infinity War or its follow-up, leading to another character picking up the mantle — has Evans just added fuel to the fire?

Evans has made Captain America one of the studio's most beloved characters. He initially had a six-picture deal but extended it to include the fourth Avengers movie. In addition to three Captain America films and four Avengers films, he's shot small cameos in 2013's Thor: The Dark World and last year's Spider-Man: Homecoming (not to mention a post-credits tease in 2015's Ant-Man that wound up in Captain America: Civil War). In other words, he's popped up in a Marvel movie every year since 2011.

Chris Evans Confirms He Will Bid Farewell To The MCU After Avengers 4 Reshoots Are Complete

tenor.gif

Chris wants to play real roles and be a real actor it seems.

He made his money so I hope he enjoys making films he really loves. What’s the big deal

This.

Steve Rogers was willing to die for his ppl to begin with
Big Cap fan here but you could almost argue he wants to make the 'grand gesture' of sacrificing himself for a noble cause.

Chris wants to play real roles and be a real actor it seems.

He made his money so I hope he enjoys making films he really loves. What’s the big deal
Kind of like every actor who jumps in the Bond role soon thereafter feeling Bond is limiting them with regards to other great roles.

I think the only that was really true, to a degree with, was Connery.

Can’t wait

But Thanos should be able to swat Cap like a bug. That bit of the trailer was stupid.

Can’t wait

But Thanos should be able to swat Cap like a bug. That bit of the trailer was stupid.
My kid and I watched the trailer together. Then, we watched it again pausing every cut scene.

During the clip of Cap blocking the Infinity Gauntlet, he said "It looks like Cap's eyes are a different color in this scene compared to the last scene."

Could he be wielding the Soul Stone when fighting Thanos?

I'm hoping they don't kill Cap and at some down the road he could come back in a supporting role, maybe as a one off. If he'd be open to it, of course.

Daniel Radcliffe has a B movie career

Its better than me but not much else

Honestly a better comparison is Edward Cullen from Twilight and Radcliffe's co-star in Goblet of Fire. Robert Pattinson has carved a nice career for himself after that shit. Doing lots of indie work and was in a kick-ass movie last year called Good Time.

Can’t wait

My kid and I watched the trailer together. Then, we watched it again pausing every cut scene.

During the clip of Cap blocking the Infinity Gauntlet, he said "It looks like Cap's eyes are a different color in this scene compared to the last scene."

Could he be wielding the Soul Stone when fighting Thanos?
Trailers are often edited for misdirection.

No one should jump to any conclusion in a scene like that as yes, as you say there could be all sorts of possibilities going on there that we do not know about.

Thanos could literally be toying with Cap there dragging him around and making him watch as he kills the other hero's and that look could be one of 'oh how cute, look at you fighting back' before he swats him.

Maybe Dr. Strange brings Thor's hammer back (my theory is Hela did not destroy it and that was a Loki like illusion and she banished it to the place Odin had banished her to) and when Thor is felled by Thanos, Cap picks it up and now has the power of the Thor?

There are so many possibilities that it is just wrong to assume we know what is going on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back