2nd Amendment: The Militia Issue - A Discussion

hi lilelvis,

I think most of them are based at least on some noticed patterns of behavior. Some are historical and never seem to go away. For instance, I've lived all over the country and my experience says that the south is the least racist portion of the country (excluding Atlanta).

i've worked a bit in Georgia, but i don't know it well.

if you think North Carolina doesn't have a racist streak that's hard wired into its state legislature, you don't know this state very well, though.

despite constantly losing in Federal court, North Carolina is the P4P king at attempting to deny black residents their 15th amendment rights.

the militia, by the way, has not marched on the state capital in Raleigh to protest this abrogation of rights. guess that one doesn't matter to them.

Anyhow, you should start the thread. It'd be an interesting discussion i'm sure.

i'm kind of lazy. this seems like a Mayberry sorta thing, and i only post here.

- IGIT

heyo Mr. Sangre,

sure, if you say so.

i'm not the right one to talk to about this, probably. i have been arguing against any new gun legislation in the wake of the Florida shooting.

oh, come on my friend.

lol.

do you really want to get into a side discussion about the rampant amount of abuse that went on regarding civil liberties during GWB's WAR ON TERROR™? that's a long and endless topic where i could pull freely from Glenn Greenwald or Ron Paul and entertain you with stuff all day long.

where the (pardon my french) FUCK were these fatass militia types when their rights were being trampled over?

they huddle in their tents, eating their freaking Dinty Moore and MREs, fantasizing about these ludicrous conspiracies and just sit there like bumps on a log while the rug was being pulled out from under them.

now that is some real selective outrage going on.

they are;

FAT

PARANOID

ARMED

CAMPING

RIGHT WING

LUNATICS

- IGIT

Yes, I say so. Follow the calls for legislation for ten years like I have and then get back to me.

Oh, you're now talking about all rights? Thought you were just talking guns. Outside of OKC bombing I'm not aware of any militia vs. the feds violence in the last few decades. If you wanna say the militias aren't gonna start shit no matter what then that is something I'd agree with. If you want to say they cared more about abuses under Obama then Bush I'd need to see evidence. And even then who gives a shit? You're bigoted towards people actively exercising their self-defense rights. Consider it noted. Not much else to discuss here.

Cheers.

ahoy Cubo,

Yes, I say so. Follow the calls for legislation for ten years like I have and then get back to me.

its fine. like i said, the right is equally comfortable with gun control legislation. it just takes either an assassination attempt on a sitting president, or, as shown by Governor Scott, a bunch of middle class kids getting slaughtered in the state one governs.

basically, if it touches their lives directly, they tend to get religion in a big hurry on the issue.

Oh, you're now talking about all rights?

i haven't been talking about rights at all, bud. its the ardent pro-militia folks on this thread who have been screeching about them, ad infinitum.

Thought you were just talking guns.

you thought wrong again.

this thread is about the wonderful - or hilarious, phenomenon of all these patriotic militia groups that have sprung up since Mr. Obama was POTUS (or at least, that's all i've been talking about, really).

- IGIT

Last edited:
i haven't been talking about rights at all, bud. its the ardent pro-militia folks on this thread who have been screeching about them, ad infinitum.

you thought wrong again.

Seems like you had to be referring to something with this statement. Pardon me for thinking rights meant rights.

where the (pardon my french) FUCK were these fatass militia types when their rights were being trampled over?

Seems like you had to be referring to something with this statement. Pardon me for thinking rights meant rights.

hi there Cubo de Sangre,

its alright.

i was responding to a poster - a nice fellow - who has been kvetching about rights, endlessly, and how the militia is here to protect them.

i finally had my fill, and was asking where, precisely, the militia was during the recent Bush administration?

its tangential to the discussion, i guess.

the main thrust is that militias tend to favor carb heavy diets, appear to enjoy (obstacle courses and jumping jacks notwithstanding) very sedentary lives, are paranoid nationalists, love their guns, and are preparing for the day that they'll be honor bound to kill fellow Americans (or blue helmeted UN invaders).

- IGIT

Last edited:
the joke is that most gun control comes from the right. and its able to do it because gun wanks reflexively vote GOP regardless of reality. Who got the ball rolling on Californias crazy strict gun control? fucking Reagan (cant have them coloureds brandishing firearms now can we?). NFA act of 1934? Yeah, democrats pushed that one through....SOUTHERN DEMOCRATS (remember, these guys all went GOP during the 60's...) so once again it was the southern and midwest conservatives that enacted that bit of joy. the GCA that Johnson passed was a wash. both parties jumped all over that one. the '94 ban of course had Ford, Bush AND Reagans seal of approval...made since because the 80's were violent as all get it out.

But then you had Romney, a man who had actually passed a weapons ban in his state, getting FULL SUPPORT from the NRA over Obama, who up to that point had only EXPANDED gun rights (national forest carry). That proved the NRA was less about guns and the shooting public, and more about GOP ball gargling.

Back