ALAN PARTRIDGE

NO LONGER REGISTERED
@Steel
Reaction score
Although on the front page, did not see a thread on it....

Raquel Pennington on Promotion to UFC 184 Co-Headliner:

According to the UFC she has already lost, so... No.

S10emXl.jpg

Well, at least she realizes it's because of Holm's hype. I don't see a problem with her thinking that.

how many guys would be co-main eventing with a 5-4 record?

Looking at TS name and OP I went AHA.
Where have you been?

alan_partridge_2255464b.jpg

Then realized it was about some female fighter...

Left disappointed.

Under any ordinary circumstances she would come nowhere close to co-headlining a PPV, but because of all these injuries she got the spot. I'm not one to say she deserves it and should be co-headlining, but I hope she makes the most of it.

But then again, injuries seem to be ordinary circumstances, so maybe this all makes sense.

Well, no, but it's good for a fighter to have confidence in herself.

Under other circumstances, Koscheck vs. Ellenberger would probably be co-main. They're the next biggest names on the card after Ronda- but they're both on 3 fight losing streaks, so that's out.

Didn't stop Mir and Bigfoot though- fuck it, the welterweights should be co-main!

She choked out Ashlee Smith as punishment for shaving the side of her head. Rocky is a-okay in my book.

Well, no, but it's good for a fighter to have confidence in herself.

Under other circumstances, Koscheck vs. Ellenberger would probably be co-main. They're the next biggest names on the card after Ronda- but they're both on 3 fight losing streaks, so that's out.

Didn't stop Mir and Bigfoot though- fuck it, the welterweights should be co-main!

Great point, I would have preferred Kos in co-main spot

Do you agree she should co-main a PPV ?

I think not but this event is already on life support so they're just trying to make it work. I can't even imagine why anyone would actually buy this card, and I'm not trying to "hate" on it.

1 vote for Askren vs Dana for new co-main!

how many guys would be co-main eventing with a 5-4 record?

Hunt did with a similar record (10-9?) and everyone was cool with that.

That being said, it`s too early for Pennington to be in such a position. She needs some consistency; rather than her win-lose-win-lose pattern.

Jarl

Back