Naturally they put out a card expecting it to be their worst of pretty much all time.

bob1

Business has never been better!

Look at it this way UFC pulled in 4 million domestic revenue from a card headlined by Demetrious Johnson. Which is probably the highest revenue they've ever generated for a single card headlined by Johnson.

Not all UFC cards are created equal, or are expected to get 500,000 buys, or are budgeted for 500,000 buys.

Look at it this way UFC pulled in 4 million domestic revenue from a card headlined by Demetrious Johnson. Which is probably the highest revenue they've ever generated for a single card headlined by Johnson.

Not all UFC cards are created equal, or are expected to get 500,000 buys, or are budgeted for 500,000 buys.

Much truth to this.

It is concerning, however, when so many in attendance left during the main event title fight. UFC made their money, but that's a shaky look overall.

So many people going and probably most people buying the PPV were wanting the UFC experience regardless of Johnson, if not and probably in many cases in spite of Demetrious Johnson.

It's great just their brand can generate that return, but it's like if someone loves Wendy's and they get a shitty cheeseburger. Most people are going to say 'it happens' and go back later like they normally would. By that third shitty cheeseburger, though, a lot of people are ready for a new spot.

I know it's easy to put down Johnson, and I'm really not trying to. I mean he trains very hard and is a very effective competitor. It's just a weird situation.

There's nothing wrong with disliking 125's like Johnson.

Arguments like ''it's still MMA'' or ''if you dont like it you're not a fan'' don't hold much water.

How many tennis fans care about Junior Wimbledon?It's still tennis.How many basketball fans watch WNBA?It's still the same sport.

You can like a sport but you're not obliged to watch or care about anything and everything that sport offers.

Males that weigh 57kg and are smaller than 1.60m will never be as compelling as HW behemoths or the ''perfect middle'' fighters like Weidman/Machida.

I'd rather watch Ronda fight than the guys in the smaller weight classes.

Me too and that says a lot because I don't even like Ronda.

I like 145 just fine. 135 is borderline but it can stay. 125 is just silly for a Men's division. If you are naturally that small you should fight at Bantam and deal with it, or find a different career.

complain all you like ufc will keep running its business how it wants lol

the ufc had ppv contracts and had to stick someone on the main event and they seem to have this thing about titles filling that void, no matter how big another non title fight onthe same card could be.

anyway, mm will be on another ppv to do the same thing he did this year, to fill in for a pre arranged ppv date that another injured ufc champ can't make

You guys do realize you only need to sell about 10,000 PPV to start making real money.

Real-Steel-e1294076766320.jpg

I'd much rather see Dodson, Uncle Creepy or Benevidaz as champion of that division. Like you, I also think Demetrious Johnson as champ is more the problem when it comes to drawing fans then the actual weight class. If 125 had a more charismatic champion people would probably appreciate the division more.

Charisma isn't an issue for Mighty Mouse.

The issue is that the average fan doesn't know who he is b/c:

A) The UFC is God awful at marketing its fighters
B) People hate on the lower weight classes

Ya im sure Dana is really not unhappy with those numbers... give me a fucking break
Mous/Jacare wouldve done as much ffs

Hopefully this makes them reconsider adding a 115 pound weightclass.

Keep MM on fox cards or co-main on PPV. No one is going to buy a card headlined by him lol. I think 135 & WBW was the lowest they should go. Any more is just stupid as fuck. Isnt UFC adding 115 womens too? Sucha mistake

Back