welcometohavoc

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
From http://www.bjpenn.com/ratings-report-mighty-mouses-first-ppv-estimates-are-in/

Dave Meltzer:

"Estimates for the show are running in the 95,000 to 115,000 range, although Yahoo! Sports last week had a 125,000 estimate. UFC does not release its pay-per-view numbers. But by any estimate, it would set a baseline low for the company which only twice in the modern era had fallen below 150,000 buys, and those were for shows without a championship fight. It is believed the prior low for a championship fight was about 180,000 buys for the Jose Aldo vs. Chan Sung Jung featherweight title fight at UFC 163.
On Saturday night after UFC 175, Dana White talked about how UFC business is changing to being a worldwide promotion, and that people are going to not be watching every show and he

It was their idea to make that a "main event" lol

lol Dana/Zuffa did this to themselves. but sure, keep continuing on shoving this stuff down our throats as if we'll buy it.

Aww... bet Mousey vs Housey would sell big though.

Well, it's not like the rest of the card was exactly stacked, either.

So harsh. I like MM, I think his fights are deserving headliners but its a business and if the public ain't buying it.......

Saying that the featherweight division is new? That one has to be on Meltzer.

I don't think having any weight class under lightweight headline a PPV is a good idea for them. People just don't like watching the manlets fight. It would take an Anderson Silva type with an aura of invincibility, exciting fight style, and high finishing rate to get people to buy.

It would take an Anderson Silva type with an aura of invincibility, exciting fight style, and high finishing rate to get people to buy.

There is one like that under 155 who does sell. :cool:

mighty mouse was right about what he said earlier in the year about wanting to headline non-PPV cards and that even though he gets a percentage of PPV buys, it doesn't add to his overall pay to make a difference.

with these numbers i don't think he gets a penny from his PPV percentage.

I'd rather watch Ronda fight than the guys in the smaller weight classes.

Last edited:
I, for one, will never buy a PPV card because it has a featherweight title fight, main event or not.

Good. That's what the UFC gets for force feeding us the flyweights. Put them in the prelims where they belong. And the women too.

It's worth nothing that June PPV's always have low buyrates

June 2014 PPV buyrate was 100,000-125,000
June 2013 PPV buyrate was 140,000
June 2012 PPV buyrate was 140,000-260,000

Still sucks for Mighty Mouse, espessially considering the guy he could have maybe drawn decent numbers with, John Dodson, will be out for a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back