Well Yushin Okami fought like Machida for Davis in sparring and we all see how that fight went. :icon_lol:

The later rounds certainly favor Machida on paper, and we don't know how Weidman's recovery from his knee fix will affect him.

Neither... It's the same self confidence that bought him this far.

Sounds good

He did knock Anderson out...

and he could do the same to Machida but Anderson completely disrespected his striking that's why he got caught. He was focusing on clowning instead of fighting and paid the price (it was probably a strategy to try and keep Weidman from wrestling him but it was based on a complete disrespect for Weidman's striking)

and he could do the same to Machida but Anderson completely disrespected his striking that's why he got caught. He was focusing on clowning instead of fighting and paid the price (it was probably a strategy to try and keep Weidman from wrestling him but it was based on a complete disrespect for Weidman's striking)

He was only focused on clowning after all else failed. It was his last resort. To this day I don't understand why people act as if Silva came out at the opening bell clowning around. He didn't.

Weidman has the best chin in MMA. Machida can punch him in the face all he wants and it won't even phase Chris. I don't even think JDS can KO Weidman if he punched him square on the jaw. Weidman's chin is the BEST there is in mma today.

Wow!!!!!! You should fly out to newyork , get to your knees and start jugglin his balls in your mouth!

Some of you have lost your damn minds if you think Weidman is faster than Machida.

Machida by KO , 10 seconds into the first round. A loose jab off his back foot.

Weidman is Fearless, but I doubt that he'll actually spend much time swinging and missing.

He was only focused on clowning after all else failed. It was his last resort. To this day I don't understand why people act as if Silva came out at the opening bell clowning around. He didn't.

Anderson did it to open up a counter. Weidmans striking was better than silva thought, and it worked aganst him.

Machida is a conpletely different striker tho. Hes content with a 5 minute rd that he outlands 4:3, whereas silva looks for a ko.

Silva did what he always does in that 1st fight, but was fighting a higher caliber guy that he shouldnt have taunted with no defense so he could counter.

Weidman striking is patient, well timed, and technical. Machida is the better striker, im rooting for him, but i think at some point Weidman times him coming in, and finishes.

I agree with you TS. The Anderson fans seemed to jump on the Machida train, but Weidman seems like a bad match up for him. I was mare worrie about Vitor because he has crazy, explosive speed and power. Weidman is a really smart fighter, and I believe will fight at a safe distance like he did with Anderson, and not over extend himself....

Who is in their prime at 38?

Fedor and GSP were "out of prime" for their losses (a near loss in GSP's case), and both are younger than Silva by a couple years. Never even mind the fact that Silva has always relied heavily on his speed/reflexes which is what everyone seems to think is first to go in the aging process.

It shouldn't be used to discredit Weidman's wins, but saying Silva was as fresh as ever going into either fight with Weidman is plain wrong.

Hindsight is always 20/20, huh ? The way he beat down Shael 2 and Bonnar, most people would had said AS was still in his prime at the time. That's pretty much undeniable.

Back