Huge BJ Penn Fan here but watching this documentary makes me appreciate Jen's more.

Bj was a bully throughout his life and his career.

Whenever someone stood up to him talent wise he'd fold again and again. People praise his heart for some reason and i never understood why.

People will disagree, but to me, if BJ beats Frankie, he gets that lightweight belt back in spirit. Frankie never lost that 2nd Benson fight in my eyes as a fight fan, and the belt is still BJs to reclaim.

I respect your passion towards a fighter you admire but that statement is such a reach it should be followed with the saying "go go gadget arm"

TTT. Thanks for all the input guys! I know BJ, JD, and the entire Penn family appreciates and loves your support. We'll do our best to give you all a great show!

Good documentary, but I wish they didn't skip over him training with Ralph Gracie. The doc makes it seem like he goes from Hawaii to CA to join Nova Uni

Saw it earlier, good watch.

Penn will beat Edgar.

Excellent documentary, little bit of a bummer we didn't get to see any current training, but I am sure that was by design.

Whenever someone stood up to him talent wise he'd fold again and again. People praise his heart for some reason and i never understood why.

agreed

Great documentary. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah tons of bullies fight people 15-40 pounds bigger than them...

This is how I used to think, but realistically he's the only champion in UFC history to move up a weight class with the belt.

It's not like he folded every time he lost either, he lost gracefully in tough fights(GSP 1, Edgar 1, Machida) and his defining moment in MMA was a fight in which he was a massive underdog(first Hughes fight).

Book marking this thread, will watch when I get home.

Thanks TS!

Are we talking abou peds here?

No. It's the "Unique" warrior spirit that joins them when they find the right rock. It's well documented.

Thanks TS, was a good docu

Last edited by a moderator:

You mean the much heavier talented guys that stood up to him?

Hardly anyone his size stood up to him and made him fold.

These are the types of programs and productions that I was hoping for when the UFC teamed up with Fox.

BJ is still the man!

Back