GMathewsMMA

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
In case anyone hasn't seen it, here's the link to BJ's documentary on FS1. I thought it came out pretty well myself, but I'm a bit bias obviously. What did everyone else think? I know BJ appreciates all the people who took some of their free time to watch it, even if they're not fans, and we're hoping for a great fight on July 6th.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mana-bj-penn-fox-special-documentary-full-replay/

Thanks for posting. Was waiting for this to show up online.

Cool, bookmarked. I really enjoyed the Weidman one, hope this is great as well!

Respect to one of the greatest fighters i have ever seen!

That video gave me goosebumps. I love both him and Frankie but I'd love to see BJ get that W and retire. It sucks that fighters like this are a dying breed.

That video gave me goosebumps. I love both him and Frankie but I'd love to see BJ get that W and retire. It sucks that fighters like this are a dying breed.

I had 45 minutes of goosebumps. Expand on that "I'd love":
Bj get the W,
Bj get the belt @ FW (3 division champion)
Bj retire.

I had 45 minutes of goosebumps. Expand on that "I'd love":
Bj get the W,
Bj get the belt @ FW (3 division champion)
Bj retire.

People will disagree, but to me, if BJ beats Frankie, he gets that lightweight belt back in spirit. Frankie never lost that 2nd Benson fight in my eyes as a fight fan, and the belt is still BJs to reclaim.

People will disagree, but to me, if BJ beats Frankie, he gets that lightweight belt back in spirit. Frankie never lost that 2nd Benson fight in my eyes as a fight fan, and the belt is still BJs to reclaim.

By your logic Aldo is the one holding the LW belt. BJ is my favorite LW ever but you sound like a nuthugger.

That was awesome thanks TS. BJ is the definition of a fighter. No denying that love or hate the guy. Nothing against Frenkie but if BJ Penn steamrolled him that would make me a very happy man.

By your logic Aldo is the one holding the LW belt. BJ is my favorite LW ever but you sound like a nuthugger.

No im just a fight fan and your problem is that you are taking it too literally. It's an opinion, not a law written in stone. My opinion? I dont think Aldo really beat Frankie either. Frankie was still going strong at the end and Aldo was breathing heavy. I know a zuffa fan will break it down to rounds but I like to look at fights as a whole.

I read the thread title as "Mama: BJ Penn..." She was very vocal about her concern for her son when he fought GSP. Thought maybe she was at it again. What does mana mean in English?

Yeah that was a great doc.

BJ Penn will fight any man alive. Sucks seeing him taking beatings lately though his last few fights.

Hey hey hey, we don't call people names around here on Sher.... Oh, NVM.

Funny how watching a documentary still remembering all the gory details of every event... you get a lot different picture than that which only the general outline provides.

Back