Well you can't apply half realities of pretending FP didn't exist but that these fights or cards have because cancelled or never-happened because of that.

Cards have been happening more frequently these past years, and they've always been shown. Either PPV or free on TV, Internet, Facebook, YouTube, UFC website, etc.... UFC never puts on a show they didn't have available for people to see.

They literally had to eliminate what they were offering for free in order to create a "good deal" for fans to have access to everything (which they already did prior to FP existing).

The only real comparison that was free were the few Fuel cards (like Sweden) that were on in the middle of the day. I didn't have Fuel, so for me, I wasn't getting that anyways. But if the UFC is going to put on more events than Fox wants, then I'm okay with that as long as I have access to it. I'm willing to pay for that access.

For me, I don't look at these events as being something that used to be free. I look at it as new global expansion made convenient for local fans by coming to their neck of the woods and actually being on a reasonable time for them so they don't have to go to a live event in the middle of the night like it used to be, or air here on a prerecorded broadcast.

Also, if Fox doesn't want these cards, I know they aren't just going to stream them for free on Facebook. They have to make some money from them since they don't have PPV buys or sponsorship money they would get from Fox/FS1.

Like I said, I would rather them put on these cards than not, and I would rather have access to them than not, and I'm willing to pay for that access if I have to.

I prefer FREE anytime, anywhere, anyway I can get it...If U want to pay for it more power to you...I am one cheap SOB & I admit it...I don't pay for a damn thing if I can get out of it....not ashamed, don't care if U think I am cheap..I admit it...I will continue to get my music, my fights, my movies free for as long as I can do it...that is all! :icon_lol:

Before the internet and illegal downloads, were you the kind of guy who used to steal CDs out of cars?

Fight pass awesome

Event moving along quite nicely

10 bucks a month bargain

Notice the part where it says "hammer msg boards (posing as fans)... "

:redface: :icon_chee:icon_twis

ufcleak.jpg

I have seen what the commissions have posted on the fighters pay (excluding the infamous backroom bonuses) tons of fighters posting articles complaining about money, to get any idea that there isn't a whole lot of money in it... also considering I know a bunch of professional fighters, I would say I have a better idea than you :)

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

Yeah, I didn't even really think about that until just now. There was really only a lull between the final prelim and the beginning of the main card, then like 5-10 minutes between co-main and main.

It's pretty refreshing.

On a side note, what the hell is with all this WWE network talk? Just because it's a better deal doesn't mean I'm all of a sudden going to enjoy watching it.
how is wwe network a better deal? you'd have to pay the average person to watch wwe.

So did UFC Fight Pass fix the video player to let the video buffer fill up to prevent herky jerky playback?

WWE Network is a bargain. I got WM 30 for $9.99 plus every other PPV for $9.99, not to mention thousands of hours of additional programming. I wish that the UFC would do something like this, but there's no way they're losing out on all that PPV revenue.

WWE Network is a much better bargain
They are also producing a lot of shows & put specials up ASAP

They are trying to re-invent themselves & be proactive in moving forward & away from PPV

Because they are giving away so much they need 2x the amount of subs they currently have now just to break even.

It is risky, but if you are a fan its fun

Fight pass is fucking useless, I can't watch any of the events on their because they are 'blacked out in my region', even the fights nights and the prelims on the ppv.. Absolute waste of money

how is wwe network a better deal? you'd have to pay the average person to watch wwe.

Oh yeah?

Monday evening:
8 p.m. 5.31 million viewers
9 p.m. 5.09 million viewers
10 p.m. 5.03 milllion viewers

Notice the part where it says "hammer msg boards (posing as fans)... "

:redface: :icon_chee:icon_twis

ufcleak.jpg

Notice the 2006 and the fact that the person sending the emails works for Spike.

You know? Spike? The channel that airs Bellator now? :D

Notice the 2006 and the fact that the person sending the emails works for Spike.

It does mention Dana was involved though

That said an 8 yr old email trying to make something go viral for marketing reasons is hardly proof that someone that says "I like fight pass" is being paid lol

It does mention Dana was involved though

That said an 8 yr old email trying to make something go viral for marketing reasons is hardly proof that someone that says "I like fight pass" is being paid lol

Hahaha I know. I just love when this picture is posted because as you said, thinking a marketing email from 8-years ago is anyway relevant or "proof" of payed posters now is so stupid.

And of course my favorite is that the idea originated from Spike Executives, and that's where Bellator is located now. But if you said they had paid posters you'd be laughed at.

yeah i borrowed it from a friend and it's aweome, just the quality is worth it.

Hahaha I know. I just love when this picture is posted because as you said, thinking a marketing email from 8-years ago is anyway relevant or "proof" of payed posters now is so stupid.

And of course my favorite is that the idea originated from Spike Executives, and that's where Bellator is located now. But if you said they had paid posters you'd be laughed at.

I would not doubt that companies have viral marketers that post as "consumers".
I would believe that 90% of it is social media and not Message Boards though.

2006 it was a different web than it is now.

Nobody on a MB will change my opinion to buy something, I don't think they have people e-arguing for them lol

I would not doubt that companies have viral marketers that post as "consumers".
I would believe that 90% of it is social media and not Message Boards though.

2006 it was a different web than it is now.

Nobody on a MB will change my opinion to buy something, I don't think they have people e-arguing for them lol

Exactly. If they had any idea about the landscape of the internet they'd be having guys on Twitter and all that new shit.

Message boards would be the biggest waste of time ever.

Or maybe that's just what I want you guys to think...

Notice the 2006

So, it's 2014 - are you trying to say viral marketing / shills are no longer being used?

and the fact that the person sending the emails works for Spike.

Notice the part where they're taking orders from Dana White on what to do?

You know? Viral marketing / shills?

They have these things where they have these paid people who go on social media websites, forums, etc., to pretend they're "fans" to post fake messages, fake reviews, and so on? :icon_chee

So, it's 2014 - are you trying to say viral marketing / shills are no longer being used?

No, but posting something from 8-years ago has no relevance now. Especially when they were working with an entirely different company.

Notice the part where they're taking orders from Dana White on what to do?

Yes, after coming to him with the idea. Meaning they came up with it. Notice the section that says "I talked to Dana about this and he's all for it." They just got permission from him and suggestions.

You know? Viral marketing / shills?

They have these things where they have these paid people who go on social media websites, forums, etc., to pretend they're "fans" to post fake messages, fake reviews, and so on? :icon_chee

Yes they do. And this email and ideas were generated mainly from Spike TV. And since Bellator is now owned by Viacom and airs on Spike TV I'd argue they have a much higher chance of having paid posters than the UFC.

That's what you should draw from this email. Not the other way around.

That said if you really think I'm a paid poster then you're just stupid. If you actually read the email the goal was to spam a video, not post about how good the UFC is. They just wanted to spread a viral video. That's usually what viral marketing does.

It's not having people go on Sherdog and argue about if Fight Pass is worth it. That's just idiotic.

If you actually read the email the goal was to spam a video, not post about how good the UFC is. They just wanted to spread a viral video. That's usually what viral marketing does.

It's not having people go on Sherdog and argue about if Fight Pass is worth it. That's just idiotic.

yep

That was my point man. Like five people ahead of me were talking about how Fight Pass is a rip off when juxtaposed with the WWE online system. I was saying it's an unfair comparison because they're different; one being an entertainment soap opera thing and the other being a niche combat sport. Just because there's a small cross-over demographic doesn't mean I'm somehow now intrigued to go watch WWE.

That was my point man. Like five people ahead of me were talking about how Fight Pass is a rip off when juxtaposed with the WWE online system. I was saying it's an unfair comparison because they're different; one being an entertainment soap opera thing and the other being a niche combat sport. Just because there's a small cross-over demographic doesn't mean I'm somehow now intrigued to go watch WWE.

It is about amount of CONTENT for your dollars worth

Back