I think it's that they suddenly flicked a switch and NOW it's a choice.
AKA, actively taking away shit that was free and making it pay-only.

And considering anyone who knows how to Google something already has the entire back library of every MMA fight ever, and that they already pay a monthly fee to access the internet...
But to each their own, legitimately some people would rather pay $10 a month and have most of the shit right there. So fair play to them.

That stuff wouldn't have been free though. These cards are too weak for TV they just never would have had them in the first place. It just gives an opportunity for guys to fight more often and more fights for us to see.

Also you can't compare illegally downloading fights to a paid service. Using that Logic iTunes would never work because you can get any song much easier than MMA fights online for free. You're paying for the convenience and quality.

Out of curiousity, why are so many people down on fight pass? I haven't been following all the bitch threads about it and probably don't know much about it, but it seems like a good deal to me

It would be if it worked half as good as it sounds. Like I said, I only subscribed yesterday cause I needed some fights for a video I'm getting paid for and my client is reimbursing me for doing it. I'm not impressed at all

The "Hi Dana" thing kind of loses its impact when the real Dana would probably rather stick his balls in a wasp nest than post in this cesspool.

WWE Network is a bargain. I got WM 30 for $9.99 plus every other PPV for $9.99, not to mention thousands of hours of additional programming. I wish that the UFC would do something like this, but there's no way they're losing out on all that PPV revenue.

End of thread?

I can't get fightpass working on my iPhone. I would love to watch this fight right now too.

That stuff wouldn't have been free though. These cards are too weak for TV they just never would have had them in the first place. It just gives an opportunity for guys to fight more often and more fights for us to see.

Also you can't compare illegally downloading fights to a paid service. Using that Logic iTunes would never work because you can get any song much easier than MMA fights online for free. You're paying for the convenience and quality.

Well you can't apply half realities of pretending FP didn't exist but that these fights or cards have because cancelled or never-happened because of that.

Cards have been happening more frequently these past years, and they've always been shown. Either PPV or free on TV, Internet, Facebook, YouTube, UFC website, etc.... UFC never puts on a show they didn't have available for people to see.

They literally had to eliminate what they were offering for free in order to create a "good deal" for fans to have access to everything (which they already did prior to FP existing).

The illegal downloading of music instead of paying for it is a gargantuan issue for the music industry.
But I do agree with your last statement, there is a market for people who would happily pay a small amount of money in order to streamline something for themselves (that otherwise could be available but a pain in the ass for them), like iTunes or FP instead of hunting through the internet for shit.

Which is why I said fair play to those people.
But the reasoning of a large number of people hating on free shit being made pay is fairly straight-forward, as is the stance of people who will pay a small amount of money for a hobby of theirs.

Well you can't apply half realities of pretending FP didn't exist but that these fights or cards have because cancelled or never-happened because of that.

Cards have been happening more frequently these past years, and they've always been shown. Either PPV or free on TV, Internet, Facebook, YouTube, UFC website, etc.... UFC never puts on a show they didn't have available for people to see.

They literally had to eliminate what they were offering for free in order to create a "good deal" for fans to have access to everything (which they already did prior to FP existing).

The illegal downloading of music instead of paying for it is a gargantuan issue for the music industry.
But I do agree with your last statement, there is a market for people who would happily pay a small amount of money in order to streamline something for themselves (that otherwise could be available but a pain in the ass for them), like iTunes or FP instead of hunting through the internet for shit.

Which is why I said fair play to those people.
But the reasoning of a large number of people hating on free shit being made pay is fairly straight-forward, as is the stance of people who will pay a small amount of money for a hobby of theirs.

End of the day it's just like you said, Fight Pass = iTunes for MMA

But no one complains about iTunes, and no one should. That's my only point.

End of the day it's just like you said, Fight Pass = iTunes for MMA

But no one complains about iTunes, and no one should. That's my only point.

Many people complain about itunes. Try using their music on any other device that isnt apple. You have to do "illegal" things with music you "own". Lots of air quotes in there.

Many people complain about itunes. Try using their music on any other device that isnt apple. You have to do "illegal" things with music you "own". Lots of air quotes in there.

That kind of complaint really isn't relevant in the analogy I was using. I was only talking about the fact they don't complain about having to pay for music even though you can get any song for free easily.

lol @ people talking shit while they watch the event on fightpass at this very moment.

lol you stalking me? I didn't even have fight pass for the Gustaffson card or Kim-Hathaway fights.

I just don't understand why people complain about optional services.

I prefer FREE anytime, anywhere, anyway I can get it...If U want to pay for it more power to you...I am one cheap SOB & I admit it...I don't pay for a damn thing if I can get out of it....not ashamed, don't care if U think I am cheap..I admit it...I will continue to get my music, my fights, my movies free for as long as I can do it...that is all! :icon_lol:

Don't watch WWE anymore but their WWE network is such an excellent deal for their fans. Wish UFC would do something like that but doubt it.

Ctrl-alt-delete

The pacing of these events is easily the best part about them. Fight over? Next one coming right up. No horse shit for 20 minutes in between.

The pacing of these events is easily the best part about them. Fight over? Next one coming right up. No horse shit for 20 minutes in between.

Yeah, I didn't even really think about that until just now. There was really only a lull between the final prelim and the beginning of the main card, then like 5-10 minutes between co-main and main.

It's pretty refreshing.

On a side note, what the hell is with all this WWE network talk? Just because it's a better deal doesn't mean I'm all of a sudden going to enjoy watching it.

WWE Network is a bargain. I got WM 30 for $9.99 plus every other PPV for $9.99, not to mention thousands of hours of additional programming. I wish that the UFC would do something like this, but there's no way they're losing out on all that PPV revenue.

Seriously, I can't get myself to spend for fight pass when I'm getting so much more value for the same price

Fight pass wouldn't seem so bad if Vince didn't just do it all better at the same time

Back