Davis is by far the coolest guy in the roster to talk to. He keeps his answer's simple, witty and on topic. He is laid back and has a great sense of humor. Can't deny those fact's whether u like him as a fighter or u don't.

Davis is by far the coolest guy in the roster to talk to. He keeps his answer's simple, witty and on topic. He is laid back and has a great sense of humor. Can't deny those fact's.

I have a hard time disagreeing with that.

Not there he doesn't. To think Bones is permanently shook from the Gus fight seems like a stretch at best.

Not really. You are talking about the fighter that since winning the belt has publicly said that he did not want to rematch Shogun, Machida, Belfort and said that he did not want to give an immediate rematch to Gustafson. He also said that Cormier does not deserve an immediate crack the belt. Whether you agree with his reasoning or not he seems to be very particular about who he will fight considering is consider by most to be a top 3 pound for pounder.

Like I said, many moderately powerful shots add up. Constantly getting your brain rattled, constantly getting touched will hurt your brain too. You can only really speculate in whose brain took the most damage.

"... and had completely taken over the fight at the end."

That I don't agree with. Yes, Gus looked tired, but they landed the same amount of strikes according to fightmetric in the last round.

Striking numbers don't always tell the story. Quality of strikes and who was the aggressor matters. Look at the TPR score for the last round. Hint: It was Jones most (only) dominant round.

I remember a gassed Gus with his hands on his hips running away from Jones in the waning moments of the fight.

Can't wait for the rematch.

I remember jones getting hit so hard he looked like Donald Duck.

Then I remembered he cried to Dana about how Gus doesn't deserve a rematch.

Ahahahah ahahahah

I remember jones getting hit so hard he looked like Donald Duck.

Then I remembered he cried to Dana about how Gus doesn't deserve a rematch.

Ahahahah ahahahah

I remember Jones walking out with the belt and his hand raised
I remember the massive majority of media giving it to Jones
I remember Jones being the closest to finishing the fight
I remember Gus on queer street late in the fight while JJ was just starting

I dont even like JJ. I think Alexander is awesome. Its stupid though that people want to bring up JJs face swelling. Yea his lip swelled up a lot but JJ gave Alexander a fuggin concussion.

I remember Jones walking out with the belt and his hand raised
I remember the massive majority of media giving it to Jones
I remember Jones being the closest to finishing the fight
I remember Gus on queer street late in the fight while JJ was just starting

I remember

ufcphotolarge.jpg

Jones vs Gus is a lot like Gsp vs hendricks.

Gsp won by jabs and some leg kicks that didn't hurt Johnny.

Jones won by teeps, and trying to tap Gus knee and shins.

Points ughh

Both in reality should've lost their belts to te challenger.

“I’m just going to tell you the short version,” Davis said. “Alexander Gustafsson put tips all over that boy. [Jones] doesn’t know up from down, left from right. So I really don’t see him wanting to get back in there with anybody – definitely not Alexander. I don’t even think he wants to get back in there with Glover Teixeira – bless his little heart."

Phil Davis with some words for Jones, gotta love how polite Mr. Wonderful is in his trash talk.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/01/phil-d...-since-jon-jones-wont-make-it-to-title-fight/

I bet you saw the interview and then took the most controversial thing he said as your title?rubbed your hands with glee as you posted this thread no doubt.

Striking numbers don't always tell the story. Quality of strikes and who was the aggressor matters. Look at the TPR score for the last round. Hint: It was Jones most (only) dominant round.

Still don't think that's nearly enough to call it 'completely taking over'.

i've never heard "put the tips all over him" wtf is that?

I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who had no clue wtf that meant either... and now that I think about it I don't want to know anymore.

Jones vs Gus is a lot like Gsp vs hendricks.

Gsp won by jabs and some leg kicks that didn't hurt Johnny.

Jones won by teeps, and trying to tap Gus knee and shins.

Points ughh

Both in reality should've lost their belts to te challenger.

The only guy that was hurt and in trouble in the fight was Gus. Look at Gus' body language when the decision is read. He knew he lost.

He had a great chance but took that elbow and then faded down the stretch.

Still don't think that's nearly enough to call it 'completely taking over'.

Well, that's just semantics then. Point is that the tide had turned significantly in his favor, whereas the rest of the fight was very close.

The only guy that was hurt and in trouble in the fight was Gus. Look at Gus' body language when the decision is read. He knew he lost.

He had a great chance but took that elbow and then faded down the stretch.

This. Gus had the same look GSP had when the decision was read, only in one of the fights something went wrong....

I remember

ufcphotolarge.jpg

so sick of seeing this. whats it supposed to mean/show? It means nothing. JJ is sponsored by the UFC and their golden boy, of course they are going to get him in a stretcher and rush him to get fixed up immediately, even if he doesn't need to.

Just because you cant see Gus' injuries(concussion, damaged knees) you think he didnt get touched...lols

This is jokes.

Jones is so scared, he's fighting The Destroyer of Worlds next?

Am I the only one who watched Jones fight through early adversity and pour it on in the last two rounds? Gus looked out on his feet at some points.

Yeah, Jones got beat up for 4 minutes of the 4:th rond until he came back with that elbow. Had him up against the fence, threw EVERYTHING he had at him while Alex ducked and weaved.

Back