Damn wow.. Nick Diaz & BJ Penn hugged for whole 8 seconds.. Ive not hugged any dude that long except for my twin brother or my son. Very cool! (At the 1:03 to 1:11 mark)

The last thing the MMA world needs is a Chael Sonnen inspirational speech over an MMA highlight.
"I fill out my TRT prescription, talk shit about Brazilian children playing in the mud, then I walk into the cage and try to take my opponent down until I tap or get TKOed."

Why are you mad?

Damn wow.. Nick Diaz & BJ Penn hugged for whole 8 seconds.. Ive not hugged any dude that long except for my twin brother or my son. Very cool! (At the 1:03 to 1:11 mark)

Diaz inside and outside of the cage are two completely different people.

Diaz will be the meanest mother fucker ever inside the cage, but when the fight's over he's a nice guy. He's said many times before that he doesn't want to hurt his opponent and doesn't wish a beating on anybody, but when the door closes things change and you have to hurt your opponent as they're trying to hurt you. Diaz accepts that.

Diaz pummeled Penn that fight, one of the worst beatings Penn ever received (if not the worst). When you see Penn's face after the fight, how can you not feel for the guy? No one would wish that kind of beating on anybody. Diaz might have caused that damage, but you don't have to take any pleasure from it. Of course Diaz felt bad and felt the need to comfort Penn, he'd just retired another human from beating them so bad.

It's one of the beautiful things about MMA. The fight solves, and ends everything.

I love this video, I actually downloaded it a few months ago and showed it to some of my casual fan friends in hopes of giving them a better look at what makes this sport so great.

One thing I would love to see is a compilation video of just how devastating losses can be, because I don't think casual fans really realize how much is on the line for these people... this video sort of touches on it but I'd almost like to see one done better, and more dramatic. I thought of it when I saw how crushed Shogun looked after submitting to Chael... such a video might even already exist but I would have no idea what to search for I wouldn't exactly call it a highlight or anything.

Diaz inside and outside of the cage are two completely different people.

Diaz will be the meanest mother fucker ever inside the cage, but when the fight's over he's a nice guy. He's said many times before that he doesn't want to hurt his opponent and doesn't wish a beating on anybody, but when the door closes things change and you have to hurt your opponent as they're trying to hurt you. Diaz accepts that.

Diaz pummeled Penn that fight, one of the worst beatings Penn ever received (if not the worst). When you see Penn's face after the fight, how can you not feel for the guy? No one would wish that kind of beating on anybody. Diaz might have caused that damage, but you don't have to take any pleasure from it. Of course Diaz felt bad and felt the need to comfort Penn, he'd just retired another human from beating them so bad.

It's one of the beautiful things about MMA. The fight solves, and ends everything.

im sure Nick respected BJ in the cage for the heart he showed. that was a brutal fight.

I love this video, I actually downloaded it a few months ago and showed it to some of my casual fan friends in hopes of giving them a better look at what makes this sport so great.

One thing I would love to see is a compilation video of just how devastating losses can be, because I don't think casual fans really realize how much is on the line for these people... this video sort of touches on it but I'd almost like to see one done better, and more dramatic. I thought of it when I saw how crushed Shogun looked after submitting to Chael... such a video might even already exist but I would have no idea what to search for I wouldn't exactly call it a highlight or anything.

how much more dramatic would it need to be? this is already pretty dramatic/emotional.

I haven't been able to find a copy of the video as the UFC quickly removed all sources of it online, but if you can find the Miguel Torres memory loss video that seems to be what you're looking for.

If you haven't seen it, it's audio and video that the UFC didn't air when Torres got knocked out by McDonald. When Torres wakes up, he has no recollection of where he is, that he's already fought, what weight class he was fighting in, or even who his opponent was. It's chilling stuff and really drives home the fact that these guys are putting their health on the line when they fight

im sure Nick respected BJ in the cage for the heart he showed. that was a brutal fight.

how much more dramatic would it need to be? this is already pretty dramatic/emotional.

That too. When someone shows that much heart, you earn respect which I'm sure Diaz was no doubt showing when he went and hugged him back stage

Yeah I just rewatched this video, and it really probably can't get any more dramatic. I don't really know what I was thinking lol, I should have gave it another watch to refresh my memory before commenting.

I haven't been able to find a copy of the video as the UFC quickly removed all sources of it online, but if you can find the Miguel Torres memory loss video that seems to be what you're looking for.

If you haven't seen it, it's audio and video that the UFC didn't air when Torres got knocked out by McDonald. When Torres wakes up, he has no recollection of where he is, that he's already fought, what weight class he was fighting in, or even who his opponent was. It's chilling stuff and really drives home the fact that these guys are putting their health on the line when they fight

I looked for that video but havn't had any luck.

Also, for those who are interested here's two more videos that will serve as a reminder of why this sport is so great.

Last edited:
They destroy youtube that way man. We get these official videos which for the most part are pretty bland and boring, yet we have all these amazing unofficial highlight videos and so forth that end up being removed. It annoys me to no end.

I personally have found so many amazing highlight videos like the famous Furious Angels video produced years ago and what not only to have it removed from youtube because Zuffa doesn't want anyone seeing their product unless its through their official channels.

I'd personally if I was Dana White hire some of these folks who do these quality videos and have them produce highlight videos and what not

Wouldn't that be nice! :icon_neut

Back