24: Live Another Day Limited Series

My hope is that we still get a continuation of the Jack Bauer story someday. Probably not, but I can hope.

Worst case scenario - They bring him back for an episode to kill him off.

That reminds me of the BBC's 'Strike Back' which had the actor in The Hobbit that played the leader of the dwarfs, play an MI-5 opperative. It was a very interesting first season that ended with him being captured by terrorists.

Then, the show was transfered over to Showtime here in the states, was given two American leads, and they brought back the actor that played the MI-5 operative to be unceremoniously killed off in the first scene of the first episode.

That killed any interest I had in the show.

Update: January 27, 2016

Miranda Otto to Play the Female Lead in 24: LEGACY

Miranda-Otto-24-Legacy-Dragonlord.jpg

Homeland graduate Miranda Otto has been tapped to star in the network's reboot of the Kiefer Suthlerland franchise, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The new take features an all-new cast of characters and will be structured in the same style of the original series. 24: Legacy revolves around a military hero's (Straight Outta Compton's Corey Hawkins) return to the U.S. and the trouble that follows him back — compelling him to ask CTU for help in saving his life and stopping what potentially could be one of the largest-scale terror attacks on American soil.

Otto will star as Rebecca Ingram, the blazingly smart former head of CTU. Now married to Sen. John Donovan (not yet cast), she struggles with second thoughts about having left the counter-terrorism agency.

The part comes after Otto's series-regular role on Showtime's Homeland came to an end in 2015. Otto's credits include features The Lord of the Ring films, The Homesman and War of the Worlds.

'Homeland' Actress Miranda Otto to Star in '24: Legacy' for Fox

First, I'm royally pissed off the last time we're ever going to see Jack is when he turns himself into the Russians to supposedly rot in their prisons for the rest of his life.

Second. Keifer Sutherland is 24. Zero chance this reboot is going to achieve the same ratings as the better 24 seasons, without Keifer.

Thirdly, has Corey Hawkins displayed any crossover appeal toward all audience demographics?

This is a poor move by Fox. The 12-episode season was very successful and brought back what made 24 great, without stretching past when the quantity was at expense of the quality. So now they do this.

Very poor move.
If the new series doesn't suck, I'm thinking this might be a good move for the 24 franchise down the line. They create a new world with new characters. And when Kiefer returns in the future, they can do a big crossover event that will have fans of both shows buzzing and get the attention of casual viewers. It's like what happened with the Fast & Furious films and what's going to happen with xXx 3.

Back