strict9

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else believe that Varner would have taken this fight to the ground and submitted Melvin. I like watching Melvin fight a lot, he is a very exciting stand up fighter but I think Varner would have submitted him.

Sorry, I do not know how to edit the title.

Varner would have to get him to the ground. Melvin has excellent takedown defense.

Melvin's fast and he hits hard but he can get hurt and Varner's got a big right hand.

Could see both guys winning

Hopefully we get the match soon, but I don't like Melvin saying that Varner was scared of him. And I'm in no way a Varner fan, I just happy to see motivated again.

Not a follower of either guy but I hope Varner KTFO's him for that comment.

To be honest I think Varner could have knocked Melvin out. He's got great boxing and Melvin has tons of power but he's got a weak chin.

Not a follower of either guy but I hope Varner KTFO's him for that comment.

You can't blame him for saying it. His opponent refused to walk out only hours before the fight and he's capitalising on that.

Varner has an excellent chin, while Guillard's has been cracked before. Both have big power. Guillard is much faster and has cracked Cerrone's chin....something I didn't think could be done

case in point:
I can see either guy getting KO/TKO'd

You can't blame him for saying it. His opponent refused to walk out only hours before the fight and he's capitalising on that.

I believe it was the A.C. that didn't let the fight happen, but either way I wouldn't want him to risk getting cut if he was puking backstage. I don't really blame Melvin for capitalizing on it, but saying he was scared is a little ridiculous. Anyways I'm really hoping to see this fight because it was the fight I was most looking forward to on the card.

Varner has an excellent chin, while Guillard's has been cracked before. Both have big power. Guillard is much faster and has cracked Cerrone's chin....something I didn't think could be done

case in point:
I can see either guy getting KO/TKO'd

Cerrone's been dropped before, though. Razor Rob was working him over early on when they fought in WEC, dropped him twice. I believe Ed Ratcliff also dropped him, though I may be mistaken.

I don't think he would have submitted Guillard
Varner's BJJ has never been that great and he hasn't submitted a high level fighter yet.

I do favour him slightly, though I honestly don't have a good analysis of the fight.

Cerrone's been dropped before, though. Razor Rob was working him over early on when they fought in WEC, dropped him twice. I believe Ed Ratcliff also dropped him, though I may be mistaken.

I never got to see those fights. :(

Guess I have some videos to watch tomorrow.

Ratcliff never dropped Cerrone, Rob was working him over for like 2 minutes until Cerrone got his timing in the first and beat him up for 15 but yeah
Varner did, and beat him up pretty badly in their fight until late

Put $ on Varner two days before the card.
Fight pulled.
He's the last leg in three parlays i've got,
Worried now.

varner would win standing

jamie has far superior boxing and his defense is far better

Varner via decision with atleast one 10-8 round since they're giving them out like candy on Halloween.

Back