206.5 lbs champion Daniel Cormier wanted to fight Shogun for the LHW title

Make no mistake, dc is happy about shoguns loss because now dc no longer ever has to cut weight.

Oh yes.. his so happy he lost an easy fight via wrestling exploit.

It was his only 'safe' fight to be had at LHW... he won't fight at HW so that means LHW and what made sense to duck Gus or Romero ?.. yea a name with some sort of 'wins'.

Now his move let's see what he will do.. giving up the belt would be a possible play for him now.

I can't blame the guy for wanting to schedule a comfortable (and profitable) farewell tour. I can smirk, though, at how quicky DC turned from talking about proving his legacy before the Stipe fight to preying on the decayed corpses of other people's legacies afterwards.

In DC's defense, there is nobody in the realm of his greatness except Rua. Pretty worthless idea to draft I agree but a former champ on a decent streak makes a lot of sense on paper. Gus is the only one who can give him a tough night but after the biggest fight of his life followed by the biggest paycheck v Lesnar I can imagine the appetite to fight Gus is low, especially since he's not a draw at all and there is a lot if risk (in losing) involved.

Best to just hand over the LHW belt as it is a shit division without Rumble and Jon and he beat everyone there, and take one or 2 HW fights.

Let that sink in.

Though I was rooting for Shogun, but the only silver lining I see out of his defeat is: the shitshow that Cormier was lobbying for will absolutely not happen.

Say what you will about Jon Jones, but he defended his title against a murderer's row. Unlike DC, who wanted to bullshit his way into a title defense against Shogun, and will bullshit his way into a title defense against Lesnar.

salty that jon jones is a peds cheating scum bag.

dc was looking at 2 big money pay days. now dc was really only gone fight brock anyway.

when the ufc has the fight it wants for the next lhw title fight that when dc will give it up. I could even see dc be the person who put the belt around the winner waist as a wat of passing the troch

Dc has to fight Gus or Jones anyone else is ducking at lhw for me

Murderer’s row? He beat a bunch of 185lb fighters. Didn’t finish Glover, Rashad, nor OSP. He’s had two tough fights and he won them both but to call Jonathan’s opponents “murderer’s row” is a stretch.
It definitely was at the time, especially being the youngest champ in the orgs history

Strongly agree, Jon Jones was fed to the wolves from the very start and he beat them all.

cormier is a old school fighter, so he thinks more on his competitions in the past than fighting the new hungry young lions all over again.

DC will forever be Jones’ bitch.

<JonesDXSuckIt><DCrying>

I agree. Even with DC winning the HW title, the stain will always be there.

The only way it would be erased is if they schedule a fight at HW. If DC wins, it will erase both losses in my mind.

It would be the assumption that DC was gimped fighting at LHW, and his true power/form is at HW. And of course, the higher weight class trumps the lower one.

But DC seems content to ride out his career with the focus on money, and that's fine for him. Just don't reflect back and try to revise history, when he has the chance to now.

Maybe stop being a company suck up and know your worth, and you won’t make $80;000 less than a 0-1 CM Punk for your super fight.

I got a feeling this “I’ll get it at the end” strategy is going to blow up in his face.

Oh yes.. his so happy he lost an easy fight via wrestling exploit.

It was his only 'safe' fight to be had at LHW... he won't fight at HW so that means LHW and what made sense to duck Gus or Romero ?.. yea a name with some sort of 'wins'.

Now his move let's see what he will do.. giving up the belt would be a possible play for him now.
Go away. You like Last Jedi.

Youre shunned.

Back