206.5 lbs champion Daniel Cormier wanted to fight Shogun for the LHW title

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Let that sink in.

Though I was rooting for Shogun, but the only silver lining I see out of his defeat is: the shitshow that Cormier was lobbying for will absolutely not happen.

Say what you will about Jon Jones, but he defended his title against a murderer's row. Unlike DC, who wanted to bullshit his way into a title defense against Shogun, and will bullshit his way into a title defense against Lesnar.

jones defended against an allegedly murderer's row because HE HAD TO. its not like if jones was given shogun again he would turn it down too

If Shogun had one and looked good then everybody would continue saying Shogun champ 2019, unfortunately he is not the same fighter. He was on a streak, but this just showed he is not up there anymore. DC was talking fighting him depending on a win, not a loss.

Of course he wanted to fight Shogun. Free money is free money.

jones defended against an allegedly murderer's row because HE HAD TO. its not like if jones was given shogun again he would turn it down too

This lol

If they gave Jones the option of a rematch with Vlad Matyushenko or a fight with Cain he's taking Matyushenko all day long

It was a good fight for him, fighting a legend that was on a winning strike. It made sense before tonight. It doesn't anymore, no big deal.

Make no mistake, dc is happy about shoguns loss because now dc no longer ever has to cut weight.

I know we all love Shogun and hoped the old killer would at least be a shadow of his former self, but the final thread has been cut. Thank you for those ridiculous Pride days. As for DC let the man make his money and retire. I'm guessing at this point of his career he just wants to stay as healthy as possible with some big money fights unless his opponent is Jones.

Let that sink in.

Though I was rooting for Shogun, but the only silver lining I see out of his defeat is: the shitshow that Cormier was lobbying for will absolutely not happen.

Say what you will about Jon Jones, but he defended his title against a murderer's row. Unlike DC, who wanted to bullshit his way into a title defense against Shogun, and will bullshit his way into a title defense against Lesnar.

Murderer’s row? He beat a bunch of 185lb fighters. Didn’t finish Glover, Rashad, nor OSP. He’s had two tough fights and he won them both but to call Jonathan’s opponents “murderer’s row” is a stretch.

Let that sink in.

DC has defended his title against a murderers row though.
Gus, Rumble, Jones, Oez

Yea a very low move.. too much cheery picking for the champ champ.

Turning into a Bisping like 'champion' haha. Them ducking cheery picking ways.

<36>

Last edited:
Back