2019 Boxing Hall of Fame Inductees

Confucamus

Last of the V8s
Platinum Member
Reaction score
CANASTOTA, NY - DECEMBER 5, 2018 - The International Boxing Hall of Fame and Museum announced today the members of the Class of 2019. Inductees include two-division champions Donald “Lone Star Cobra” Curry, Julian “The Hawk” Jackson and James “Buddy” McGirt in the Modern category and welterweight champion Tony DeMarco in the Old Timer Category. Non-participants and observers to be inducted include matchmaker / promoter Don Elbaum, referee / judge Guy Jutras, publicist Lee Samuels and broadcaster Teddy Atlas.
tp.gif
“We’re extremely excited about the Class of 2019 and are very much looking forward to honoring the newest class of inductees,” said Executive Director Edward Brophy.

http://www.ibhof.com/pages/inductionweekend/2019/19_announce.html

Not exactly a banner year, but some solid names for sure. Still think Hatton should get in. At least he’d draw a crowd. Super psyched for Tony DeMarco!!

LOL Teddy Atlas got in. He is a big character for sure even though he's a bit of a crackpot too.

You don't exactly feel younger thinking about Curry, McGirt and Jackson, and they're no ATGs, but these fellas certainly fought in decent bouts.

Pretty unexciting crew.

Also, why no Juan Manuel Marquez?? The criteria is you can’t get inducted until 5 years after your last fight. Marquez/Alvarado was May of 2014. He’s a sure fire first ballot HOF, so there must be some rule or stipulation I’m missing.

At least put Ricky Hatton or John Ruiz on there.

Also, why no Juan Manuel Marquez?? The criteria is you can’t get inducted until 5 years after your last fight. Marquez/Alvarado was May of 2014. He’s a sure fire first ballot HOF, so there must be some rule or stipulation I’m missing.

I believe it’s 5 years after you officially announce your retirement. Assuming you stay retired as well.

Ruiz? Naahhhhhhhh no way. Hatton yes, Ruiz is a hard no for me.

this class is fine. Not my top picks but solid ones.

Julian Jackson does not belong in the HOF

Back