2018 World Cup - Mayberry Edition - France wins!

World Cup Finals - Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters
I hope it’s croatia / Belgium but have a feeling it will be England France

fedor.gif

Fedor watching the game

Was rooting for Russia. They should be proud of what they did though. Didn't expect much from them

Well Russia had a good run. They weren't expected to make it to the round of 16 in the first place, and they fought their way into the quarter finals. There's no shame in that.

Germany, Portugal, Argentina, Brazil and Spain on the other hand

giphy.gif

Well Russia had a good run. They weren't expected to make it to the round of 16 in the first place, and they fought their way into the quarter finals. There's no shame in that.

giphy.gif

Yep, all the big guns disappointed this year, been a good world cup so far.

I'm hoping for a England x France final, that should be fun.

Ok, the quarterfinals are now over. High drama ahoy. We're on to the Semis, which are on the 10th (Tuesday) and 11th (Wednesday) at 2PM ET and all your other time zones.

wc bracket sf.png

And here are the poll results from the quarterfinals. I'll make a new poll now.

wc poll qf.png

I'm going to stop cheering from now on... First it was Portugal and now Russia. I think I'm jinxing it.

On second thought...

let's go England!!!!

:p

I'm going to stop cheering from now on... First it was Portugal and now Russia. I think I'm jinxing it.

On second thought...

let's go England!!!!

:p
Me too, Japan and Brazil back to back.

Well Russia had a good run. They weren't expected to make it to the round of 16 in the first place.

I keep hearing that but I disagree, their group was easy as fuck , even the best team on that group (Uruguay) was not a powerhouse, more like a dark horse contender.

That being said they did a pretty good cup owning the 2 teams they had to beat, eliminating Spain and fighting all the way with Croatia to pk kicks.

giphy.gif

What really stands out I'd say is the lack of success of ticky tacky at this world cup, pretty much everyone doing it has been shut down with tight defences and often beaten by sides with a faster game on the break.

Back