Sherdog PotWR Round 5: General Election Ballot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it now, Heretic not breaking Kayfabe

such a well placed use of this term.

I too, had no idea wtf that meant.

seeing this in action, well. now I know.

For a meaningless election, you sure do seem to care about it quite a bit. Gettin' all serious and shit. Worried this election won't bring the War Room together...I mean, Christ. You're genuinely upset about this. You might want to log off for a bit, and apply this passion you have over this place into the real world.
I mean I wanted for the place to meet more in the middle and foster actual conversation, I didn't expect it to happen but it didn't hurt to push for it. Wanting that isn't me taking anything too seriously. What annoys me is getting PM's wasting my time and seeing that person go back on what they said for some meaningless votes.

Like basically every issue on here, I fall somewhere in the middle. I either make empty shit posts like you to prove I don't take it seriously or I'm honest about what I see. I've given examples of what taking it to seriously is but you read selectively so why waste typing it again?

I mean I wanted for the place to meet more in the middle and foster actual conversation, I didn't expect it to happen but it didn't hurt to push for it. Wanting that isn't me taking anything too seriously. What annoys me is getting PM's wasting my time and seeing that person go back on what they said for some meaningless votes.

Like basically every issue on here, I fall somewhere in the middle. I either make empty shit posts like you to prove I don't take it seriously or I'm honest about what I see. I've given examples of what taking it to seriously is but you read selectively so why waste typing it again?

Doesn't what he does as president matter far more than the campaign?

The campaign thread is a shit post competition. How the sticky is used is what actually effects the WR.

Two serious candidates, starting out with the (if unspoken) intention to save the War Room, ending up dividing and almost destroying it.

As a true WR Patriot, I am gonna do the opposite next year. I will run with a platform that's gonna be so divisive it has the potential to unite the War Room.

My Sticky thread will be a 1:1 replication of the Dump with direct links to its worst threads.

Taking applications now
All the liberal pedophilia threads end up in the dump.

I'm on my phone, so not going to reply paragraph by paragraph.

Yeah, trickle down is dubious at best, climate change isn't being denied but global warming is questioned, and from my pov many seem accepting of universal healthcare as long as it doesn't adversely affect their bottom line too much. Perhaps I'm looking at the most reasonable folks on the right while you're examining the most entrenched and unreasonable?

Lol. Come on Jack! How can you ask this when an editor for a prominent newspaper gets a pass for racist, misandristic behavior because a) she's a she, and b) she's asian. Wage gap. Denial of intrinsic differences between the sexes. There are numerous examples of all of those by the fringe left.

At the most basic level, yes. People will vote according to their beliefs, however misguided they may be. You think anyone who voted for Trump is misguided or idiotic and I think the same of anyone with a Communist bent. History has proven me right time and again, and it seems you'll be proven right as well.

See, in my estimation the right, with the exception of fringes is moving towards the traditional center while the left is moving away from it due to the fringes.
@Bald1 I like you, but you like @irish_thug , suffer, I think, from what I call "Canadian conservative syndrome." You think being on the right is a reasonable option in the US because it is a reasonable option in Canada.

"Trickle down is dubious at best."
OK, well, ending re-distributive economics under the guise of "trickle down" has been then entire raison d'être of the American GOP for the last 40 years.

"Climate change isn't being denied."

uDFmIDPzCo4znxgzKlT0_jgv4CqHkarUrQ005ED_HbclD4Ex32hmOHsAn95kbFc_WZMiOQ1BMlRj4Fu-vDLyOgnT3syuxfWFY8KxoEWpqd9gxcPzZnQUM8q76jkJzs7IQUNr_cUt

"...many seem accepting of universal healthcare as long as it doesn't adversely affect their bottom line too much."
48 million people in the US have no health insurance and another 38 million have insurance but would still end up bankrupted by a medical emergency.

It is a bit infuriating to hear conservative Canadians talk about the lack of universal healthcare in the US as a "minor gripe." It's not.

We have people dying due to insulin rationing. We have people with MS whose partners or children cannot work because they can't afford home care. We have kids suffering their entire childhoods with a variety of untreated chronic conditions. We have the highest infant mortality rate in the developed world. We have people who are developing serious health problems because they are not receiving routine care.

This is not a "minor failing" for the richest country in the history of the world.

"But for the 40 million uninsured, we have brutal rationing by price and their income. And I sometimes resent politicians or smug economists who say, 'We can avoid rationing through the market, through the price system.' That is so patently false, you would box the ear of a freshman in Congress for ever saying that, and here, you have grown-up politicians saying it. Markets ration. They ration by price and income. If you're a waitress, uninsured, and your child has an ear ache and you can not afford to go to a doctor, you have been rationed out of the system. And I'm appalled that there are politicians who can not understand this." -- Uwe Reinhardt, PhD, Professor of Political Economy, Princeton University

Last edited:

The campaign thread is a shit post competition. How the sticky is used is what actually effects the WR.
I guess? But we could just flip a coin if we're using that logic. As of now, I see no reason to believe the sticky is going to improve in any way under Cubo.

@Bald1 I like you, but you like @irish_thug , suffer, I think, from what I call "Canadian conservative syndrome." You think being on the right is a reasonable option in America because it is a reasonable option in Canada....

This is a reasonable point we've touched on before and is why I started including something along the lines of "as a Canuck" in many if my posts when talking about US politics. Still, I think many left leaning US posters do infact focus on the worst the right has to offer.

This is a reasonable point we've touched on before and is why I started including something along the lines of "as a Canuck" in many if my posts when talking about US politics. Still, I think many left leaning US posters do infact focus on the worst the right has to offer.
That's because, in practical US politics, "the right" is synonymous with "the worst the right has to offer." (At least from an economics point of view. As you might notice from my posts, I more or less stay out of the "culture war" nonsense.)

Well the impact of the election should not be underestimated, but I generally agree. I remember my hope that Trump would end up being a better President than candidate.

Congrats to Cubo! Great campaign and best of luck as our fearless leader. Rule with compassion but never give in to those few that seek a return to the dark days of the Homer Hussein rule

Props to Luckyshot who ran a spirited campaign. Now comes the time to come together.

Props to Russler for running an incredible campaign and showcasing himself as a superstar in the WR

Props to Clippy for running a great campaign full of humor and porch chicken

Let the Cubo era begin

@Bald1 I like you, but you like @irish_thug , suffer, I think, from what I call "Canadian conservative syndrome." You think being on the right is a reasonable option in the US because it is a reasonable option in Canada.

This is an excellent point. Applies to @Devout Pessimist, too.There is a huge difference between the GOP and other right-wing parties (and for that matter, the American left is quite different from the Canadian left). I've said many times that a reality-grounded, non-corrupt right-wing party isn't a theoretical impossibility; it's just something that we don't happen to have in America. There are a lot of reasons for that, but I think the biggest one is the combination of a "liberal media" CT and the existence of an alternate media system.

A similar dynamic applies to immigration or refugee discussions with a different set of posters. Looks very much like some Western European countries have a legitimate problem, but America is exceptionally good at integrating immigrants and doesn't have the same numbers either.

I guess? But we could just flip a coin if we're using that logic. As of now, I see no reason to believe the sticky is going to improve in any way under Cubo.

Cubo is willing to hold your hand and comfort you through this obvious stressful transition for you. He understands your fear, sadness and anger. Let him comfort you. Let him help you become a better man

Cubo is willing to hold your hand and comfort you through this obvious stressful transition for you. He understands your fear, sadness and anger. Let him comfort you. Let him help you become a better man
<LikeReally5>

A similar dynamic applies to immigration or refugee discussions with a different set of posters. Looks very much like some Western European countries have a legitimate problem, but America is exceptionally good at integrating immigrants and doesn't have the same numbers either.

And this is a valid point as well. I'm more involved in the conversation about the European migrant situation than in the North American one and it's clear to me the two have very different elements and shouldn't be conflated.

Do we have to wait until Tuesday for the concession speech?

Poor form by @luckyshot to not make it already. The math is undeniable.

Also props to Fawlty for keeping his attack on the opposite sex to verbal this campaign

Showed great restraint and showed he is working on this.

Last edited:
Anyone want to do a sig/av bet about which candidate will have the most banned voters in 6 months?

Anyone want to do a sig/av bet about which candidate will have the most banned voters in 6 months?

One candidate has almost all the mods and admin (not coincidentally the same one has almost all the trolls). So that would be a bad move.

such a well placed use of this term.

I too, had no idea wtf that meant.

seeing this in action, well. now I know.
I never understood the appeal of "Professional" Wrestling but I guess it's good to know that term in this company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back