2018 PotWR Round 5: The General Election

Sherdog PotWR Round 5: General Election Ballot

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude's got no balls. He is trying to claim being a centrist so he can get the center vote while appealing to the right because he's not as good as the candidate on the left. He can't be honest about how he feels because he's afraid to lose votes. I don't know if he really is a centrist or if that was a lie, in fact I couldn't tell you anything about what he believe besides saying whatever he feels he needs to win a meaningless election.
Doesn’t that make him a savvy politician?

Doesn’t that make him a savvy politician?
Fuck no, that shit's a cancer to our system. At least real politicians have something to gain from it though, it's extra pathetic for a Sherdog election.

<36>

As a rule of thumb I avoid calling stuff like that out as much as possible. Point a finger and you got three more pointing back at you.
Meh I only do it for fun. Anyone who takes it seriously needs an attitude adjustment.

Meh I only do it for fun. Anyone who takes it seriously needs an attitude adjustment.
I feel you. I just was reminded of a time in my early days on here where I called someone out on their "grammer". I learned a valuable lesson there.

I feel you. I just was reminded of a time in my early days on here where I called someone out on their "grammer". I learned a valuable lesson there.
Everyone can make a mistake. That's what has me bummed about this thread. The fun dissolved when everyone started acting like this election will decide the fate of the world and broke the 4th wall to talk about pms and outside stuff.
he actually commented a couple of days ago about trying to embrace the left leaning posters but not getting much love. a lot of this has revolved around one side not liking the posters supporting the other side and turning it into an issue of who supports who rather than who stands for what.
Like I said to him, you can only hear "you're a liar and you are only going to do X because Y" so many times before you consider doing X purely out of spite. It's also not been one sided when it comes to the "who has the unliked supporters" debate.

Anyway, I tried several times to bring this thread back to the fun loving free for all it was when it started and it just kept devolving back into a whine-fest. Disheartening, to say the least.

Everyone can make a mistake. That's what has me bummed about this thread. The fun dissolved when everyone started acting like this election will decide the fate of the world and broke the 4th wall to talk about pms and outside stuff.
Like I said to him, you can only hear "you're a liar and you are only going to do X because Y" so many times before you consider doing X purely out of spite. It's also not been one sided when it comes to the "who has the unliked supporters" debate.

Anyway, I tried several times to bring this thread back to the fun loving free for all it was when it started and it just kept devolving back into a whine-fest. Disheartening, to say the least.

The PotWR has just dragged out too long. It is hard to maintain the high level of content we started with. Most everyone has checked out on this and we are just going through the motions until tomorrow, when this finally ends.

Two serious candidates, starting out with the (if unspoken) intention to save the War Room, ending up dividing and almost destroying it.

As a true WR Patriot, I am gonna do the opposite next year. I will run with a platform that's gonna be so divisive it has the potential to unite the War Room.

My Sticky thread will be a 1:1 replication of the Dump with direct links to its worst threads.

Taking applications now

I was hoping for it to stay somewhere in the middle, keeping it light hearted but also maybe trying to bring a little good in the end. It stopped being fun in the last round though and turned in to right vs left like always.

Two serious candidates, starting out with the (if unspoken) intention to save the War Room, ending up dividing and almost destroying it.

As a true WR Patriot, I am gonna do the opposite next year. I will run with a platform that's gonna be so divisive it has the potential to unite the War Room.

My Sticky thread will be a 1:1 replication of the Dump with direct links to its worst threads.

Taking applications now
Hey some of the best years I had in Sherdog were spent in the Dump.

Hey some of the best years I had in Sherdog were spent in the Dump.

So this sounds appealing to you?

I may have to add some gifs of gay guys making out. It will be tough given my own homophobia, but I need to level it out. The platform must be so bad that it has no appeal to either side.

Make 'em laugh
Make 'em cry
Make 'em dance in the aisles
Make 'em pay
Make 'em stay
Make 'em feel okay

Not now John
We've got to get on with the film show
Hollywood waits at the end of the rainbow
Who cares what it's about
As long as the kids go?
Not now John we've
Got to get on with the show

I never saw what he said, if I freaked out just by hearing a fragment of it and called him out for it, I would be foolish. I thought context was important to you guys like Trump's "locker room talk". Jack is definitely wrong to tell him to kill himself, I'd still like to see the post though so I could address what was specifically said.

Thanks @Cubo de Sangre, now I'm just a mindless leftie, so much for bringing the forum together and making it a place for centrists. You're acting like a little victim and taking this way too seriously. Lucky was 100% right about you flip flopping constantly between being a peace loving guy trying to improve the place and an edgelord asshole sticking it to the "lefties". At this point I respect @JamesRussler and @Warlord Palis more than you. At least they are honest about themselves.

Damn bro, chill. It’s an Internet forum election.

Damn bro, chill. It’s an Internet forum election.
I was checked out of it awhile back until I had someone PM'ing me. I can be annoyed, but I care very little about the election at this point.

I never saw what he said, if I freaked out just by hearing a fragment of it and called him out for it, I would be foolish. I thought context was important to you guys like Trump's "locker room talk". Jack is definitely wrong to tell him to kill himself, I'd still like to see the post though so I could address what was specifically said.

Thanks @Cubo de Sangre, now I'm just a mindless leftie, so much for bringing the forum together and making it a place for centrists. You're acting like a little victim and taking this way too seriously. Lucky was 100% right about you flip flopping constantly between being a peace loving guy trying to improve the place and an edgelord asshole sticking it to the "lefties". At this point I respect @JamesRussler and @Warlord Palis more than you. At least they are honest about themselves.

You're acting like a little victim and taking this way too seriously

<puh-lease75>

<puh-lease75>
I'm not PM'ing people because they made a joke. I'm not pretending everyone is singling me out and holding me to a higher standard. I'm not "compromising who I am" to win a meaningless election on Sherdog.

I'm not PM'ing people because they made a joke. I'm not pretending everyone is singling me out and holding me to a higher standard. I'm not "compromising who I am" to win a meaningless election on Sherdog.

For a meaningless election, you sure do seem to care about it quite a bit. Gettin' all serious and shit. Worried this election won't bring the War Room together...I mean, Christ. You're genuinely upset about this. You might want to log off for a bit, and apply this passion you have over this place into the real world.

Taking applications now
I will vote for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back