2018 PotWR Round 2: The Debate/ Town Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
GNN Exclusive: Polls shift after recent campaign shakeups, snafus

Only two days after the recent POTWR Townhalls and the GNN polling data has already undergone serious fluctuations after a number of personnel moves by numerous campaigns. Most notably, @Clippy decided upon a controversial running mate, @RockstarChris. Considered by some to be colorful, others to be disingenuous and flippant, and other yet certifiably insane, Clippy's stock has suffered a two-point dip in the wake of the announcement, ceding his third place position to @snakedafunky. Meanwhile, the most surprising personnel move came by the @luckyshot campaign, which reached across the aisle to employ right-wing stalwart @IngaVovchanchyn under the newly-created Chair of Bipartisanship. Luckyshot described Vovchanchyn as "[someone] who I have found funny and insightful, even when we disagree." However, not all of his coalition supported the move, as policy adviser and notable intellectual @Jack V Savage was reportedly heard by an unknown source as saying about the appointment, "she sucks." Only time will tell if the move pays off. For now, he's received a one-point bump.

Some shifts have occurred near the middle of the race, as longtime rivals @JamesRussler and @Lowmanproblems engaged in more acrimonious exchanges. The result? Both have dipped in the polls considerably, with Russler taking the brunt of the blowback. Their dips have resulted in a surge for campaign rival @Tobacco. They might be better off punching up at more popular candidates than hurting each other's stocks. @Headkicktoleg has also dipped in the polls ever so slightly after surging into relevance after floating his wildly popular policy of dredging the Meme Thread swamp with a daily post cap. He'll need more nuggets of populism like that if he wants to remain viable.

In other trends, @Slick_36 and @leto1776 made modest gains to improve their positions.

Amid all the recent goings on, frontrunner @Cubo de Sangre's campaign has began to seem stale and listless, dropping two points in the most recent polls. He may need to adopt a more decisive message if he hopes to fend off his challengers.

1. Cubo de Sangre - 23%
  2. luckyshot - 15%
  3. snakedafunky - 10%
  4. Clippy - 9%
    Hunter Simpson - 9%
    Tobacco - 9%
  5. Slick_36 - 6%
  6. Lowmanproblems - 5%
    Headkicktoleg - 5%
  7. JamesRussler - 4%
    leto1776 - 4%
By the Powers Vested in me by the Faith and Goodwill of the People, I will now demonstrate a daring feat of bipartisan comity miracle-working by calling on @Jack V Savage and @IngaVovchanchyn to each say one nice thing about the other.

In public.

Last time I tried a feat of comity this daring:

Circuslionattackhistamer.gif~c200

Last edited:
By the Powers Vested in me by the Faith and Goodwill of the Peopke, I will now demonstrate a daring feat of bipartisan miracle-working by callling on @Jack V Savage and @IngaVovchanchyn to each say one nice thing about the other.

In public.

Circuslionattackhistamer.gif~c200

I've said nice things about her many times already. She's one of the best writers among Republicans in the WR, funny at times, and reasonably intelligent for a WR Republican. My issue is more character-related.

I've said nice things about her many times already. She's one of the best writers among Republicans in the WR, funny at times, and reasonably intelligent for a WR Republican. My issue is more character-related.
We’re just going to scratch that last sentence and call it a win.

People, bring me your Poor Hundled Masses Yearning to Breath Free!

I will make of them a great Nation!

giphy.gif

Check the damn polls @Trotsky...

Last edited:
Thanks, but where did you pick that up? Just curious as I don't recall discussing it.
I don't recall the exact thread, probably the lounge, but there was a brief discussion of favorite movies. I thought highly of selections you made.

And yet he reached out to me to find common ground.
Here is what I have from the last 5 minutes.

When my wife starts getting uppity and having opinions, I usually just say, "Bitch, shut your mouth, you talking to the VP of the ENTIRE WR."

It works for me because it demonstrates how affa I am. She usually just rips off her panties right then and there..

Privatization is theft.
Not even an argument

TS, respectfully, on the global scale, in policy terms, the two
US parties are center right (Dems) ridiculously right (GOP).

I want universal healthcareI want Social Security. These aren’t “leftist” positions.

I really think Tulsi Gabbard is the best available Democratic candidate.

1513307762026.jpg

Because Republicans call them monkeys when they try to run for office?

You're running on empty promises. Join me and restore your integrity. We'll overlook your temporary delusions because we know it's for a good cause. Take it from a lone wolf like me, its time to team up. Call it environmentalism.

Concurred. Not winning is fine with me as long as we move this clown-show forward. Now's the time. We make it something more than partisan poo-fliingers flinging poo, or we don't.

tumblr_mds8nhQrJw1qh15xko1_500.gif

I dunno, Cubo. I wanna like your campaign, but something's missing. It's like the substance... it's just not there. Here you are in a change election, but you're running to the center like Jeb! or Hillary Clinton. You've invoked your "punk rock" roots, but you're running a Good Charlotte / Fallout Boy campaign.

And now you're counter-signaling me to appease the @luckyshot / @Lowmanproblems campaigns, which together pretty much represent the Nickelback of Sherdog politics. You've got that whole organized tagging / private messaging operation, trying to lock up endorsements ahead of time. Again, that's a pretty Jeb / Hillary move. That's some pretty cringy shit, bruh.

Now, we both know that @luckyshot , @Lowmanproblems , and others represent the Far-Left SJW faction of Sherdog. They have decried your platform of "bothsidesism," ("Boring Cubo") and they're not wrong. We don't owe deference to "both sides"; we owe it to the truth. And the truth is that partisan enforcement has been a problem in one direction only. What do you have for Right-leaning / Independent voters like @Contra-dictator , @lilelvis , @bobgeese , @Devout Pessimist , and @bushman505 who have borne the brunt of that partisan enforcement? What would you do about mod overreach? You previously said you'd leave it up to the mods, and we all know how that's been working out.

Unlike you, I've promised to aggressively advocate on behalf of all Sherdoggers, whether they be Conservative, Liberal, Independent, etc. I'm not here on a quest for power, Cubo. I'm on a quest for the truth; a quest for justice. I want this forum to be a better place, with more lively discussion. I'm not trying to feed the masses some pablum about "both sides are equally right and wrong at the same time."

In short, you've been sitting on that fencepost, and it went right up your ass into your brain. You ran as "Bucket of Blood," but you should change your name to "Bucket of Bullshit!" The People want change. They want fairness. They want transparency. Fuck your whole campaign to hell.
please-do-not-sit-on-the-fence-950283.jpg

:) <3
Jim

I don't recall the exact thread, probably the lounge, but there was a brief discussion of favorite movies. I thought highly of selections you made.

I'd probably give different lists at different times. Right now I'd say top 10 are this:

1. The Big Lebowski
2. Double Indemnity
3. The Maltese Falcon
4. Groundhog Day
5. Big Trouble in Little China
6. The Apartment
7. Collateral
8. Chinatown
9. Down With Love
10. The Princess Bride

Just missed: Ratatouille, Hamlet (1996), Fargo, Pulp Fiction, Charade, the Zero Effect, Three Kings, Dog Day Afternoon

I dunno, Cubo. I wanna like your campaign, but something's missing. It's like the substance... it's just not there. Here you are in a change election, but you're running to the center like Jeb! or Hillary Clinton. You've invoked your "punk rock" roots, but you're running a Good Charlotte / Fallout Boy campaign.

And now you're counter-signaling me to appease the @luckyshot / @Lowmanproblems campaigns, which together pretty much represent the Nickelback of Sherdog politics. You've got that whole organized tagging / private messaging operation, trying to lock up endorsements ahead of time. Again, that's a pretty Jeb / Hillary move. That's some pretty cringy shit, bruh.

Now, we both know that @luckyshot , @Lowmanproblems , and others represent the Far-Left SJW faction of Sherdog. They have decried your platform of "bothsidesism," ("Boring Cubo") and they're not wrong. We don't owe deference to "both sides"; we owe it to the truth. And the truth is that partisan enforcement has been a problem in one direction only. What do you have for Right-leaning / Independent voters like @Contra-dictator , @lilelvis , @bobgeese , @Devout Pessimist , and @bushman505 who have borne the brunt of that partisan enforcement? What would you do about mod overreach? You previously said you'd leave it up to the mods, and we all know how that's been working out.

Unlike you, I've promised to aggressively advocate on behalf of all Sherdoggers, whether they be Conservative, Liberal, Independent, etc. I'm not here on a quest for power, Cubo. I'm on a quest for the truth; a quest for justice. I want this forum to be a better place, with more lively discussion. I'm not trying to feed the masses some pablum about "both sides are equally right and wrong at the same time."

In short, you've been sitting on that fencepost, and it went right up your ass into your brain. You ran as "Bucket of Blood," but you should change your name to "Bucket of Bullshit!" The People want change. They want fairness. They want transparency. Fuck your whole campaign to hell.
please-do-not-sit-on-the-fence-950283.jpg

:) <3
Jim
Russler bringing the heat!<DCWhoa><JonesDXSuckIt>
I WON!?™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back