2018 PotWR Round 2: The Debate/ Town Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Candidate @Clippy and Candidate @luckyshot

In the war room we talk guns almost daily and people get too emotional to ever have a serious conversation . What are your stances on gun control? If you could pass the gun laws in the country what compromises would you be willing to make with the other side to get it done ?

If both @dontsnitch and @Ripskater endorse Cubo/Chris then we know we've done something right.

Hmm. I like what you're doing, but this doesn't sound right at all. Rip is a troll and DS is one of the worst people posting here.

Where? When?

Ohhhh. @dontsnitch is a Christian, but he's a man who speaks for himself. Not sure he leads a flock. I do know that a Christian with the motto of not snitching sounds like someone with morals. Just not sure if he drinks or smokes. If not, oh well.

I think a motto of not snitching generally sounds like someone without morals. It's saying (not to take the username too seriously--this is more of a general comment), "let's adopt a code that will allow bad actors to get away with their misdeeds." Tends to be promoted by a specific type of person (very common rule in jails and prisons, for example). Not how the worst candidate in this race is running on an empty promise of letting people break rules with impunity.

Not according to the NRA.

Any of the candidates want to address the NRA’s comical racism?

Sure I'll field this. Let me start off by saying I have always been a supporter of the 2nd amendment. In this case the officer failed to identify the threat and shot without hesitating. I believe in this case that the officer should face jail time. This is a sad situation for everyone involved and the families of both the victim and the officer. I feel that this was most likely caused by lack of training for the officer.

TqgyEhd.png

You made me bust out laugh in public asshole

The end has no end

The end has no end

Candidate @Clippy and Candidate @luckyshot

In the war room we talk guns almost daily and people get too emotional to ever have a serious conversation . What are your stances on gun control? If you could pass the gun laws in the country what compromises would you be willing to make with the other side to get it done ?

I'm very anti gun

Anti clinging to 2nd amendment like it's some kind of sacred unchangeable thing. Written pre lethal weapons we have now

Hmm. I like what you're doing, but this doesn't sound right at all. Rip is a troll and DS is one of the worst people posting here.

I think a motto of not snitching generally sounds like someone without morals. It's saying (not to take the username too seriously--this is more of a general comment), "let's adopt a code that will allow bad actors to get away with their misdeeds." Tends to be promoted by a specific type of person (very common rule in jails and prisons, for example). Not how the worst candidate in this race is running on an empty promise of letting people break rules with impunity.

So which candidate is getting the pro snitch vote?

And you'll notice that the "don't snitch" stuff is spouted by the same people who complain about "stop snitching" attitudes. It's all about them not being snitched on.

I'm very anti gun

Anti clinging to 2nd amendment like it's some kind of sacred unchangeable thing. Written pre lethal weapons we have now

Let's be clear war room. We have a brave candidate here. So brave you are willing to take one of the most unpopular positions in the War room.

Right up there with @snakedafunky pro Nazi campaign from last year. Brave.

And you'll notice that the "don't snitch" stuff is spouted by the same people who complain about "stop snitching" attitudes. It's all about them not being snitched on.
I am fine with the report button being removed or with it staying.It being removed would just make the Deep States job harder. Mostly I think the Mods in the WR do a decent job.

<Fedor23>
The fact that you have @leto1776 in the running for your vote is all any of us need to know about your vote.

The fact that I put leto1776 in a neutral position, because he hasn't shared enough for me to support or eliminate was missed by you, but I explained it. Which to me, besides your other massive shortcomings, makes you not a serious candidate. Only the first three that I listed I am "Pro" that I applied GREEN comments to.

<{nope}>

1. Absolutely 100%. IMO, mods should be transparent and accountable for their behavior, whether it's arbitrarily dumbing threads or handing out frivolous infractions. People come to WR to post about politics. Political debate here is inherently contentious, and the mods too often make decisions based on their own personal / political biases. I personally have had threads deleted and dumped for no valid reason whatsoever (in one case, I made a thread about allegations that MN Rep. Keith Ellison beat his girlfriend—a mod dumped it without explanation). I have received infractions because some mod arbitrarily determined that I intended to violate the rules, even though my post was objectively inoffensive. I also have seen many of my favorite posters fall victim to oversensitive and partisan moderators. That sort of moderation takes the fun out of online political debate. It creates the sense that the mods are here to police some posters, but not others. If I win this race to become POTWR, my personal mission will be to "engage" the moderators and minimize unfair moderation, by any means necessary.

2. No. If someone doesn't like the meme thread, they have the option to not read it. I personally enjoy the meme thread, even though I haven't posted there all that much.

3. Well, ol' Jim Russell is a one-woman man... a family man. But if I were younger and more promiscuous, I'd say go for the hottie. Contrary to popular belief, good looking girls tend to be more well-adjusted than ugly-ass skanks. They might appear standoffish because they get approached so often, but they're cool once you get to know them. There are plenty of good looking girls with good personalities, so there's no reason to settle for less. Up your game and bang the hottie.

The fact that I put leto1776 in a neutral position, because he hasn't shared enough for me to support or eliminate was missed by you, but I explained it. Which to me, besides your other massive shortcomings, makes you not a serious candidate. Only the first three that I listed I am "Pro" that I applied GREEN comments to.

<{nope}>

You are a low information voter, there was a whole other thread, with more than enough information to decide that @leto1776 is the shittiest candidate out of everyone running. You taking me saying that candidates are going to depend on the far right voters is equal to me calling them far right, that is yet another shortcoming you have as a voter.

It is pretty simple for both @JamesRussler and @Headkicktoleg when it comes to their voter base, @Cubo de Sangre is going to eat up most of the center right votes, and to make it to the semi-final round they will have to depend on the voters that dont think @Cubo de Sangre is far enough right. This is not saying that either one of them is a super far-right poster, though some here believe @JamesRussler is more of a troll poster over all.

I am fine with the report button being removed or with it staying.It being removed would just make the Deep States job harder. Mostly I think the Mods in the WR do a decent job.
Now that Homer's gone, the reporting might be way down.

Only the mods could answer that though.

Maybe The People don't want what you're selling: more politically correct pablum. No thanks!

Maybe, but you might need to be worried about getting banned before the end of this.;)

I was happy to have it recently when people were posting private things about me and making threats. A report button is way better than me tracking somebody down and destroying his life.

This guy is seriously doubling down on his Homer-sexuality. Newsflash: people just wanna speak freely and not worry about getting reported by the likes of you!

Love me, hate me, whatever. But if you don’t vote me, don’t vote for @cuckyshot. He’ll turn this place into fucking Tumblr. Vote for Cubo if you don’t like my style.
Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back